Azamara - Ireland Intensive

SpeedNoodles

18 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

How does that work? Celebrity cruises also, yes? 

Yes, here is a screen shot from Azamara's FAQ covering the reciprocal match:

image.thumb.png.69efaeca0d1ca078ee0cddfcfbefb3f1.png

As you can see, Azamara offers more matching options if you have status on Celebrity than they do for status on Royal, including matching the very top tiers. Be aware that the match is one-time only and they don't just magically give you the points on the line you match over to; you still start at zero with the new line and have to earn the full points necessary for the next level above what you matched to.

So if you are close to Diamond on Royal, or close to Elite / Elite Plus on X, it is generally better to reach that level first and then notify X or Azamara of your status to get the match, even if are about to book something with the other line. That's particularly important with Royal, where it's so easy (in comparison) to reach Diamond and then get matched over to Elite / Discoverer.

I'm having to "deal" with this right now with my August sailing on Celebrity. I'm still 7 points away from Platinum on Royal, so I have no matching status available at all with X. But even if I could get to Platinum before then through a cheap 7-night cruise, I'd still hold off until I hit diamond so I could go straight to Elite match.

• 3 weeks later...

Outstanding. I have been researching possible cruises to Ireland for some time. This looks amazing. I am a long-time House of Waterford collector but have never toured their factory in Waterford. This certainly would resolve that. AS I previously stated, we have completed many cruises, however, our first with Royal Caribbean is approaching . Reading posts by you guys heightens the anticipation. Knowledge is everything.