Another Coco Cay ship count thread

KBugNC

Has anyone been at Coco Cay with only one ship docked?

I was there with two ships, Mariner and Navigator, and it was not too bad. I can imagine 3-4 ships would be awful.

When I booked that cruise, the Mariner and Navigator were leaving different ports and had opposite schedules according to the itinerary. One was going to Coco Cay first and Nassau second. The other ship was Nassau first and Coco Cay second. It turned out that both ships were in Coco Cay and Nassau on the same days.

I see lots of days on the Coco Cay schedule with only one ship but with my past experience, I'm not convinced that it can happen. 

Can anyone confirm if this unicorn exists? Thanks! ?

44 minutes ago, KBugNC said:

Has anyone been at Coco Cay with only one ship docked?

I was there with two ships, Mariner and Navigator, and it was not too bad. I can imagine 3-4 ships would be awful.

When I booked that cruise, the Mariner and Navigator were leaving different ports and had opposite schedules according to the itinerary. One was going to Coco Cay first and Nassau second. The other ship was Nassau first and Coco Cay second. It turned out that both ships were in Coco Cay and Nassau on the same days.

I see lots of days on the Coco Cay schedule with only one ship but with my past experience, I'm not convinced that it can happen. 

Can anyone confirm if this unicorn exists? Thanks! ?

As others have said, we were there twice in 2019 with only one ship docked.

10 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

I’m going to be there NYE on Anthem, and it appears so will Navigator and Mariner. Good thing I already bought passes for the beach club, lol. 

It was not too bad on the beach but we did have a 45 minute wait for Daredevil's Peak, the big waterslide. We never felt crowded. Have fun and get a Coco Loco drink!!! My 13 year old daughter got the virgin one and loved it.

Obviously, the frequency of ships at Coco Cay, on the same day, is increasing. Should not be much of a surprise, when "New Day" @ Coco Cay was opened; certainly had to expect the number of ships going there would turn out to be the norm. With the Summer Cruise Season, just around the corner, wouldn't be surprise to see an uptick in itineraries there. New Day @ CC has been an humongous hit...Royal is not slowing it down anytime soon.

Was there In October on Mariner and we were the only ship. 

Going in May on Symphony and will be there on a Friday. I know Mariner and Navigator won’t be there. Not sure about others. 

We went ahead and booked the cabana club for symphony in the event a second ship is there. 

For now Oasis class ships seem to almost always visit solo, with anything smaller potentially doubling (or soon tripling) up. 

I posted about this in the other thread, but we were there last weekend on Mariner with Navigator also visiting. It definitely felt more crowded than last August when we were on Harmony. Of course the two ships will typically carry at least slightly more passengers than one Oasis class ship.

We still enjoyed both days but got off early to claim a good spot on the beach. If you get off late or do the water park first, you might be searching a bit longer and further for a good spot. 

I’m still amazed that my first time on Coco Cay post renovation was with Grandeur of the Seas, one of the smallest ships, there alone. 2,400 some people there total. Talking with my cabana attendant, she was saying that they (Coco Cay employees) love it when the smaller ships are there alone because not only is it less crowded, but the people tend to be less entitled in demeanor. I guess the mega ships can attract people who are more high maintenance than the more low key ships. 

2 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

I’m still amazed that my first time on Coco Cay post renovation was with Grandeur of the Seas, one of the smallest ships, there alone. 2,400 some people there total. Talking with my cabana attendant, she was saying that they (Coco Cay employees) love it when the smaller ships are there alone because not only is it less crowded, but the people tend to be less entitled in demeanor. I guess the mega ships can attract people who are more high maintenance than the more low key ships. 

Oasis class tend to have much higher cabana pricing.  If someone is paying a lot more they might expect a lot more.

I am seeing two port schedule sites reporting 4 ships at Coco on the same day. Is this a mistake? They both show Oasis, Grandeur, Mariner and Navigator all at Coco on a Tuesday. WHAT? I could see how Oasis and Grandeur would be ok but add Nav and Mariner at the same time and it seems like occupancy code violations. One other site shows just Oasis at Coco that day. I'm trying to narrow down itineraries and and idea of how crowded to expect Coco would help.