Three ships in port at Coco Cay

ttjames

Alright, I'm scared.  First time poster and first time cruising with my family this July and just found out that there are going to be three ships in port at Coco Cay on the 28th.  Oasis, Mariner and Grandeur https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcococaybahamas-28jul2020.html  Is the island big enough for that?  I have read people saying that two big ships is a lot for Coco Cay, but an Oasis class and two smaller would likely be just as many?  Not a fan of huge crowds.  I mean I will deal with it, but that seems like a lot of people?  Has anyone else been there with three ships in port and if so, how was it.

It just checked the schedule for the entire year and there are two days where they have 4 ships scheduled.  I have never been there, but logistically, how can they do this?

Here is a list of 3 and 4 calling ships at Coco Cay as of 1/17/20 as provided by https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-coco-cay-bahamas.html

27 January 2020

24 February 2020

02 April 2020

09 April 2020

16 April 2020

30 April 2020

20 May 2020

27 May 2020

03 June 2020

17 June 2020

30 June 2020 - Four ship.

07 July 2020 - Four ship.

14 July 2020

28 July 2020

09 September 2020

07 October 2020

21 minutes ago, ttjames said:

It just checked the schedule for the entire year and there are two days where they have 4 ships scheduled.  I have never been there, but logistically, how can they do this?

Here is a list of 3 and 4 calling ships at Coco Cay as of 1/17/20 as provided by https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-coco-cay-bahamas.html

27 January 2020

24 February 2020

02 April 2020

09 April 2020

16 April 2020

30 April 2020

20 May 2020

27 May 2020

03 June 2020

17 June 2020

30 June 2020 - Four ship.

07 July 2020 - Four ship.

14 July 2020

28 July 2020

09 September 2020

07 October 2020

4?!!

I could be wrong, but with one dock they can only dock 2 ships at one time. 

It's on Cruisemapper.com too... 4 ships on 6/30/20 and 3 on 7/7/20. They must be tendering... 

I bet they will revise some of the itineraries...

image.png.50179a0bac0c2c3b7ac26fa3608ff906.png

image.png.f12ffec13d71ef9d6dae1c6932f79c0f.png

Great! ?

Now they apparently added Indy to 6/3/20 when we'll be there! Will be interesting if it holds!

image.png.0fc949e36d2bcbb40466866f74c3b547.png

I looked at one of the dates for 3 ships and all 3 itineraries for sale on Royal's website say port schedule may vary by itinerary (which seems to mean week to week).  I went through the booking process pretty far but couldn't find anything that shows the actual port schedule for a specific week.  Are excursions available to book on any/all of these cruises as a way to confirm the dates?

6 minutes ago, Mikeb1892 said:

We (Oasis OTS) are scheduled to be there with Mariner and Independence on 7-21.  Both of the others show arriving at 7 am, with us arriving at 9 am.   I'm guessing this will me that we'll have to tender?

No.  Oasis class ships cannot tender.  There are too many pax.  If you are going to be at CC with 2 other ships, one of THEM will be tendering, not Oasis.

21 minutes ago, Mikeb1892 said:

We (Oasis OTS) are scheduled to be there with Mariner and Independence on 7-21.  Both of the others show arriving at 7 am, with us arriving at 9 am.   I'm guessing this will me that we'll have to tender?

Found these. Only 2 on 21 July,  Oasis, Mariner. Independence on 24 July.Screenshot_20200121-121426_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a3656109427c72eccad01e58655d895.jpgScreenshot_20200121-121628_Chrome.thumb.jpg.94279082cc7ea897936f5d42ac741c1b.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, ttjames said:

Alright, I'm scared.  First time poster and first time cruising with my family this July and just found out that there are going to be three ships in port at Coco Cay on the 28th.  Oasis, Mariner and Grandeur https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcococaybahamas-28jul2020.html  Is the island big enough for that?  I have read people saying that two big ships is a lot for Coco Cay, but an Oasis class and two smaller would likely be just as many?  Not a fan of huge crowds.  I mean I will deal with it, but that seems like a lot of people?  Has anyone else been there with three ships in port and if so, how was it.

im not sure how accurate that site is... i just looked up our harmony sailing leaving on the 9th of feb. The cruise time tables site says we will be at coco cay on the 10th, but RC says we will be  well on our way to St Marteen on the 10th. I guess we will find out in 18 days. ?

Has anyone ever been to Coco Cay when there were more than 2 ships present and have any experience on how it was? May 27 will be our first time there and our first cruise ever after a hurricane cancelled our Anthem plans last year. And of course it's on one of the days Oasis seems to be in port with two other ships according to that cruise mapper site ?. Originally we were supposed to be there alone but looks like Mariner and Majesty got added. 

Of course after months of planning my last cruise only to have all of our plans fall apart literally the day before leaving, I should know better than to stress about plans that are months away. Anything can happen! 

17 minutes ago, CarlaB said:

Has anyone ever been to Coco Cay when there were more than 2 ships present and have any experience on how it was? May 27 will be our first time there and our first cruise ever after a hurricane cancelled our Anthem plans last year. And of course it's on one of the days Oasis seems to be in port with two other ships according to that cruise mapper site ?. Originally we were supposed to be there alone but looks like Mariner and Majesty got added. 

Of course after months of planning my last cruise only to have all of our plans fall apart literally the day before leaving, I should know better than to stress about plans that are months away. Anything can happen! 

Pay extra....rent a water front cabana and don't worry about it ?

26 minutes ago, CarlaB said:

To my knowledge it hasn’t happened yet, so it’s tough to predict. My best advice no matter what happens is to get off the ship early and grab a spot where you want to spend most of the day. The best news is that Oasis will likely get to dock as they wouldn’t want to tender that many people. That will give you a clear advantage.

Nothing else you can control so just try not to worry and have a great cruise! 

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I don't know too much about the process of publishing ports of call...but just out of curiosity...is it possible that they are reserving a spot for a 3rd or 4th ship, just in case a ship needs to redirect due to inclement weather? Therefore, if all goes well and no itineraries need to change, only 2 ships will be there. A lot of these dates look like it's in the middle of hurricane season.

9 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I don't know too much about the process of publishing ports of call...but just out of curiosity...is it possible that they are reserving a spot for a 3rd or 4th ship, just in case a ship needs to redirect due to inclement weather? Therefore, if all goes well and no itineraries need to change, only 2 ships will be there. A lot of these dates look like it's in the middle of hurricane season.

I wouldn't imagine that this is the case but stranger things have happened !!