Ground transportation

I have flown into Miami and sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale and flown into Fort Lauderdale and sailed out of Miami. I use the transfer system from Royal Caribbean. I looked up how much it was the last time I did it and it was $35 each way. A cost of $70. I probably won't do it again because the flight into Miami was only $50 more than the Ft. Lauderdale flight, so with RCCL transfers from Miami International to the port it was only $20 more. Always check the prices of the flight and the transfers offered by the ship to figure out if it is worth flying into a different airport.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Super Shuttle for pick up at Fort Lauderdale Airport and transfer to Miami port. It's costing my family of four $97 for a private shuttle.  :)

I'm cruising on the Oasis 2017 but we have to go to Port Canaveral instead of FLL. I am really annoyed I have to rent a car just to go 45 minutes out to the hotel at the port. How did you find the shuttle to Miami?

Almost every shuttle I have taken whether it is a contracted line for the cruise lines, Super Shuttle, GoShuttle, the buses don't seem to be in the best of condition. Usually the air doesn't work well and if you sit towards the back it gets really hot fast. The last shuttle from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, I kid you not, the bus driver was new and didn't know exactly how to get to the airport, so he had to use his radio and get directions. I like to be on a van, not a huge bus, but they try to get as many people on as they can.

Fort Lauderdale to Miami and return is around $60 round trip and when you add the air, most of the time it comes out the same as flying in to Miami and taking the transfers for Miami International.