Montreal Hotel for overnight at end of cruise

rita805

Trying to decide whether it's better to stay at a hotel closer to cruise port or airport after we disembark.  9 of us on 6/1 thru 6/12 cruise out of Bayonne, NJ. Trying to find a place convenient to downtown but reasonably priced.

Many thanks for any insight and recommendations. 

I will do some research, but my first reaction is (as a born and bred Montrealer):

1. Montreal is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
  2. Similar to Quebec City, it is a little slice of Europe in North America.
  3. You are there in June!!!! This is prime time Montreal.  Terraces are open, the bars are hot and the livin' is easy.
  4. The US Dollar is so high that you can buy the entire city of Montreal for $4.72 USD.
  5. ?
  6. I would stay downtown, soak up the nightlife of Montreal ... it's like a slow rumba in a secluded bar with a fascinating person you just met.

Curt from Canada

4 hours ago, rita805 said:

Many thanks.  I'm finding many of the downtown hotels are booked the weekend of June 12-13. I will keep looking.

Rita from DC

I did a quick search and apparently you’ve got the Montreal Grand Prix (F1) going on. 

Ive only stayed at the Sheraton and the Fairmont downtown. Both are quite nice. 

Thank you for all the quick responses. Will the GrandPrix affect my ability to move around the city?!? Will it be difficult to get to the airport on Sunday he 13th. TIA for any insight. I have reserved rooms at a Hotel at 3535 rue Saint Blvd.

Have a great weekend and stay warm! ?

6 hours ago, rita805 said:

Thank you for all the quick responses. Will the GrandPrix affect my ability to move around the city?!? Will it be difficult to get to the airport on Sunday he 13th. TIA for any insight. I have reserved rooms at a Hotel at 3535 rue Saint Blvd.

Have a great weekend and stay warm! ?

The GrandPrix will see street closures at times so depending where you want to go there may be detours required.  Montreal is a large city so it really depends where you plan to go and when.