Changing dining times

jcackler

We are 2 1/2 weeks out from our cruise!  Given the current weather situation in the midwest - this is a GREAT thing.  We discovered tonight, that my parents who we are traveling with us have My time dining - and we are scheduled for early dining - (and planning on using the My Family time dining service to expedite the boys meals and get them on their way to play hard while we have a relaxing end of meal.)

We know Grandpa and Grandma are hoping to dine with  us as a group.   At this point - we are not able to switch them to the early dining, so our choices appear to be

• We switch to My Time and try to schedule the group for 5:15 seating (what is currently available for anything that would be considered "early")
  • We leave it as it is and head to the MDR upon arrival and see if we can switch Grandpa and Grandma to join our party
  • Something else I'm not thinking of?

We are really looking forward to a traditional dining room experience -so hoping we can get this straightened out. 

Thank you for sharing any tips, tricks and experiences. 

14 hours ago, jcackler said:

We are 2 1/2 weeks out from our cruise!  Given the current weather situation in the midwest - this is a GREAT thing.  We discovered tonight, that my parents who we are traveling with us have My time dining - and we are scheduled for early dining - (and planning on using the My Family time dining service to expedite the boys meals and get them on their way to play hard while we have a relaxing end of meal.)

We know Grandpa and Grandma are hoping to dine with  us as a group.   At this point - we are not able to switch them to the early dining, so our choices appear to be

• We switch to My Time and try to schedule the group for 5:15 seating (what is currently available for anything that would be considered "early")
  • We leave it as it is and head to the MDR upon arrival and see if we can switch Grandpa and Grandma to join our party
  • Something else I'm not thinking of?

We are really looking forward to a traditional dining room experience -so hoping we can get this straightened out. 

Thank you for sharing any tips, tricks and experiences. 

The MTD times should be in the compass, and I've read posts that they start at 6:30 or 6:45.

We usually schedule traditional dining, and our requested shared table has often had vacant chairs.  Not sure what you requested with your dining reservation (shared or just your family) -- a family of 3 might be given a table for 4 which allows for one extra chair but not two.  Best of luck...

Our TA is working to get us onto My Time Dining since she can't get my in-laws on Early dining. It's more important for us to all eat together (since the grandparents are snowbirds, they are gone 1/2 the year and the boys don't get to see them) than to have the same servers all week. If it doesn't get resolved before we get onboard, I'll just go to the MDR and explain what is going on. I figure once onboard, they should be able to accommodate us.