Online Check-In & Port Check-In

CruzOnBye

Hello cruisers!

My hubs and I were on Mariner in December. During the 90 day check in process with the App, I took our pictures with the phone and they were uploaded and it seemed like we were all set. When we arrived to Port, after we went through security and arrived into the general waiting area, I wasn't sure if we were allowed to just go on up and scan our seapass via the App when they called for Gold status to board the ship, so we went to the actual lines with the nice lady who printed out a seapass (even though we had it on our app) and took a picture (which again, we already had done precheckin). Was that step necessary? Did we duplicate all our efforts there? I mean, it didn't take long, but if I can just bypass all that it would be pretty cool!

If we check in online/on the app and have our credit card info done, our passport and license info done, pictures uploaded, do we still have to go through that line and have them recheck everything? I was confused. I want to feel expert gold-status by my next cruise haha

In April 2019 I & mom had sailed on Harmony and when I checked us in I checked in one person one website & checked in the other person using the app. I had added our CC info, Passport info, Crown and Anchor Society Member Numbers & uploaded our security photos and had the same thing happen when we checked at the port. When we sailed on Harmony from port everglades my mom and I walked right up to a person with a Tablet to check people in and we had to have our security photos taken again and that’s all we had to have redone when we were at the port. Then we were able to board the ship.

I had sailed with Royal Caribbean 3 times before, once on Oasis, and twice on Enchantment before I had sailed on Harmony and I had checked both of us in online and when we arrived at Port Canaveral we did not have to checkin and add our CC, Crown & Anchor Society Member Numbers & passport again

13 hours ago, Bakerette said:

In April 2019 I & mom had sailed on Harmony and when I checked us in I checked in one person one website & checked in the other person using the app. I had added our CC info, Passport info, Crown and Anchor Society Member Numbers & uploaded our security photos and had the same thing happen when we checked at the port. When we sailed on Harmony from port everglades my mom and I walked right up to a person with a Tablet to check people in and we had to have our security photos taken again and that’s all we had to have redone when we were at the port. Then we were able to board the ship.

I had sailed with Royal Caribbean 3 times before, once on Oasis, and twice on Enchantment before I had sailed on Harmony and I had checked both of us in online and when we arrived at Port Canaveral we did not have to checkin and add our CC, Crown & Anchor Society Member Numbers & passport again

Thank you! Before our next sailing in a few months I'll call them and ask what the protocol will be, maybe it will help speed things up as we go through Ft Lauderdale port. 

4 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

Thank you! Before our next sailing in a few months I'll call them and ask what the protocol will be, maybe it will help speed things up as we go through Ft Lauderdale port. 

Honestly, you'll get better advice asking here than calling.  Whoever you talk to may have never stepped foot on a ship or in a port before.  They will simply read whatever information is presented on their screen.  The customer support people rarely have any idea that there are differences between the ships or the ports.

Since you scanned your passport on the app, did "Expedited arrival" appear on your setsail pass on the phone app?

This is my first cruise on royal. I'm on the oasis right now and the checkin and boarding on last sunday was super quick. We arrived at port of miami around 12pm and on the ship around 12:15pm. When you check in on the app, make sure to scan your passport and not manually input the numbers. It will give you expedited arrival. There was a separate security line/ boarding line at miami for people with expedited arrival. I didn't stop to get the physical seapass, just show the pass on your phone to the agent at the expedited arrival line. The physical card was on the door when I got to my room.

32 minutes ago, Nguyen92 said:

Since you scanned your passport on the app, did "Expedited arrival" appear on your setsail pass on the phone app?

This is my first cruise on royal. I'm on the oasis right now and the checkin and boarding on last sunday was super quick. We arrived at port of miami around 12pm and on the ship around 12:15pm. When you check in on the app, make sure to scan your passport and not manually input the numbers. It will give you expedited arrival. There was a separate security line/ boarding line at miami for people with expedited arrival. I didn't stop to get the physical seapass, just show the pass on your phone to the agent at the expedited arrival line. The physical card was on the door when I got to my room.

That's a great question, if it did appear, I don't know if I noticed it or knew it meant something special. I'll have to look on my next cruise when I check in next month at the 90 day mark. I did scan our passports with no issues...I'll pay more attention to what it says on the app next time, this helps thank you.

We sailed on Mariner in Dec.  Someone at the Port was directing us upon entry asking if we had expedited arrival.  I wasn't sure and we opened our app and sure enough it said we did.  We went in that line.  If someone hadn't been asking we would have totally missed it.  We then walked pass the ipad that scanned our face, spoke with a RCC lady that asked for us by name, went through security and upstairs.  Once upstairs we again luckily found the signs that said expedited and after the gal checked our app walked through the large section of empty chairs and right onboard.