eDocs & cash account

raahc

I'm about 3 weeks out and logged into my RC account to see if I have everything done.  I saw a link for our eDocs.  

1/  It's 17 pages long, do I need to print it out (if so, I can do double sided)

2/  When will they ask for me to fill out the credit card info (I'm doing a cash account)?  I don't see it anywhere in my account yet?

3/  For the cash account, do I have to put anything done in advance?

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, raahc said:

I'm about 3 weeks out and logged into my RC account to see if I have everything done.  I saw a link for our eDocs.  

1/  It's 17 pages long, do I need to print it out (if so, I can do double sided)

2/  When will they ask for me to fill out the credit card info (I'm doing a cash account)?  I don't see it anywhere in my account yet?

3/  For the cash account, do I have to put anything done in advance?

Thanks!

You actually don't need to print any of that out. I usually print the "Cruise Summary" and "Travel Summary" pages (in my e-docs those were pages 2 and 3) just because I like to have them. And I kept the whole document saved on a tablet that I took with me.

What you do need is your "Set Sail Pass" and you get that by checking in online. It sounds as though you may not have done that yet. If you haven't, then you should go ahead and do it. Since you're only 3 weeks out it should be available and there should be a link in your account.

During the check-in process you should be asked what type of account you want to set up (cash or credit card). All you have to do is tick the box for cash account and that's it.

Hope this helps and you have a great cruise. :14_relaxed: 

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

You actually don't need to print any of that out. I usually print the "Cruise Summary" and "Travel Summary" pages (in my e-docs those were pages 2 and 3) just because I like to have them. And I kept the whole document saved on a tablet that I took with me.

What you do need is your "Set Sail Pass" and you get that by checking in online. It sounds as though you may not have done that yet. If you haven't, then you should go ahead and do it. Since you're only 3 weeks out it should be available and there should be a link in your account.

During the check-in process you should be asked what type of account you want to set up (cash or credit card). All you have to do is tick the box for cash account and that's it.

Hope this helps and you have a great cruise. :14_relaxed: 

Ah, the first two pages, got it.   Great idea about saving the doc to our tablet.  

I have our set sail passes, thank you!  

I went back in and edited my check in and I was able to see the account set up.  I didn't see it previously!

Would you please explain how the cash account works.  I read on RCI that there is no deposit required, and the spend is $500 USD.  We won't be spending nearly that amount.  We'll settle the bill on our last day, since Day 7 is a port day.  Is it as simple as that?  Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything?

1 hour ago, SPS said:

@FionaMG is correct. I 'd like to add that you'll also need the luggage tags that are in the last pages of the eDoc. Just print out as many of that page as you'll need to attach one to each bag you will check with the porters at the port.

We were able to print our luggage tags in color, they're ready to go.  I thought we'd do a test with regular black/white first, so we don't mess up our colored copies.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, raahc said:

Would you please explain how the cash account works.  I read on RCI that there is no deposit required, and the daily spend is $500 USD daily.  We won't be spending nearly that amount.  We'll settle the bill on our last day, since Day 7 is a port day.  Is it as simple as that?  Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything?

It's not a $500 daily spend but once your balance hits $500 they will turn off charging privileges until you pay the account down.  It really is as simple as that.  They will put a bill on your door about halfway during the cruise that usually shows what your balance is and you can monitor and check it on the TV and through the app on your phone.

22 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's not a $500 daily spend but once your balance hits $500 they will turn off charging privileges until you pay the account down.  It really is as simple as that.  They will put a bill on your door about halfway during the cruise that usually shows what your balance is and you can monitor and check it on the TV and through the app on your phone.

Ooops typo there.  I bet RC would be over the moon if we spent that much ... ?

Thanks Ashley!  

4 hours ago, raahc said:

Would you please explain how the cash account works.  I read on RCI that there is no deposit required, and the spend is $500 USD.  We won't be spending nearly that amount.  We'll settle the bill on our last day, since Day 7 is a port day.  Is it as simple as that?  Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything?

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

And depending on which ship you're on and/or current policy, they'll either leave a written note in your stateroom or a message on your stateroom phone every day to remind you that you need to settle up! Just ignore all of these seemingly dire warnings and pay on the last day like you plan to do. Our strategy is to go quite late on the last night, close to midnight-ish before we go to bed, because there is usually no longer a line by that time. :14_relaxed:

On 1/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, FionaMG said:

And depending on which ship you're on and/or current policy, they'll either leave a written note in your stateroom or a message on your stateroom phone every day to remind you that you need to settle up! Just ignore all of these seemingly dire warnings and pay on the last day like you plan to do. Our strategy is to go quite late on the last night, close to midnight-ish before we go to bed, because there is usually no longer a line by that time. :14_relaxed:

Thank you!