We Still Do – Vow Renewal on Harmony - 1/26/20 – 2/2/20

bossdog421

You do not get to pick your cabana.

I was in cabana 10, it was an end unit. The view was amazing from every angle. Perfect view of the beach club and completely unobstructed view of the ocean. There were multiple cabanas that were sunk back and would have seen the back of other cabanas. Those would have shielded a lot of wind though.

We lucked out, you guys saw the forecast i posted a couple days ago... we did not get any rain at all.  But we did get 20+ mph winds. The cabana definitely is floating because she was a movin when there was waves.

Back on board, they may be closing upper decks due to wind

1 hour ago, Cruzin64647 said:

Was there any thing stocked in the Mini fridge?? Was it just water??

Mini fridge had lots of goodies. Only the champagne on the top was extra.

20200201_103948.thumb.jpg.be77bffd5f5dced5611ffed1d8e779f4.jpg

There was also a water cooler that lifted up.

20200201_160404.thumb.jpg.1ab245f64dbe6d01962e60339f12148a.jpg

I took pics of everything lol, just haven't had time to post everything... damn voom is still slow.

10 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Mini fridge had lots of goodies. Only the champagne on the top was extra.

20200201_103948.thumb.jpg.be77bffd5f5dced5611ffed1d8e779f4.jpg

There was also a water cooler that lifted up.

20200201_160404.thumb.jpg.1ab245f64dbe6d01962e60339f12148a.jpg

I took pics of everything lol, just haven't had time to post everything... damn voom is still slow.

Awesome thxs for taking the time to report we have one booked in June!!

Ok I don’t know why it’s not letting me quote and type new stuff, but @bossdog421 for that picture you posted of the towel station with brown and white towels, are those just for the cabanas or are they for everyone who has a day pass too? It would be really nice to not have to remember to grab a towel beforehand or wait in the towel line when disembarking. 

5 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Ok I don’t know why it’s not letting me quote and type new stuff, but @bossdog421 for that picture you posted of the towel station with brown and white towels, are those just for the cabanas or are they for everyone who has a day pass too? It would be really nice to not have to remember to grab a towel beforehand or wait in the towel line when disembarking. 

Those are for everyone at beach club. The towels were very nice too.

Cabana came with 8 or so of them and we had 8 more delivered since the mother in law was cold and taking them all 

20200201_093831.jpg

16 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

Getting use out of that slide. Dont care how windy or cold the water is!

Glade to see the Slide Safety Rules #1 "recommended" was NOT followed.  I know I would have also.

Daddy has to make sure the slide is safe for his daughter after all.

6 hours ago, Ken23 said:

Glade to see the Slide Safety Rules #1 "recommended" was NOT followed.  I know I would have also.

Daddy has to make sure the slide is safe for his daughter after all.

They actually said it was ok. I was probably the first one in all the cabanas to use it that day. A few others followed suit after I went

Edit: what you calling me fat?!?!? Lol.. that's cruise weight... yeah..

On 1/31/2020 at 8:35 AM, Tigerlaw said:

Love your night time pics (and of course this whole report)! what time in the night could you take those of everything being empty?

Some time between 1am and 2:30am. I was actually surprised more people werent out. I was completely alone on every deck except the promenade, even that had less than 10 people on it.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the great and entertaining live blog! Congrats again on 10 years. I trust we'll see another live blog for 15 and 20? ? 

I was kind of hoping more for the all important 10 1/2 and 11 year anniversary cruises. It was a really fun read. Thanks again for the great live blog.

25 minutes ago, Vangrizz said:

I was kind of hoping more for the all important 10 1/2 and 11 year anniversary cruises. It was a really fun read. Thanks again for the great live blog.

Did a next cruise deposit on the ship. Looking at either my birthday or the wife's birthday next year! I'll probably sail out of Jersey. Maybe a Canadian cruise? Such smaller ships going there though!

I wish i was still on vacation.......

20200126_154250.thumb.jpg.84141af2a301506d4e7060f0c1a88fcf.jpg

Damn it didn't work!

I am 100% having the back to reality blues.

This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise but it won't be my last. I'm already planning my next cruise!

While looking through pictures there were a couple things i didn't post that i wanted to mention.

At port arrival a glitch in the system allowed the in-laws into the suite area even though they were not staying in a suite. We were able to have them stow away at the port and at the suite lounge until they got their physical sea passes. The app had them as sea or sky class even though they weren't.

I am proud to say my 8 year old daughter ate steak EVERY night of the cruise! No matter where we were that was what she wanted. The only time she  was disappointed with the steak was at the windjammer. Her favorite was from Coastal Kitchen. I thought the beach club had the edge though.

This was the first time i have ever really traveled with a group, I value family time vacations because i can be pretty busy and stressed out with work. It is really important to me to create lasting memories on trips, and i enjoy getting my wife and child to myself. Traveling with a group was a lot different and i think i made some mistakes. I thought staying in a suite would give us more time together, but juggling time with our travel mates and living the "suite life" was pretty difficult. Some of what i see as value in suite amenities was lost because no one else could use it and we were supposed to be all together.  We didn't even eat dinner at CK until night 4 and as soon as i tasted my food i wished we could have eaten there more. Little things like not sitting together at shows because i had to utilize the suite seating sections might have caused some tensions with my group. I am very used to a higher end experience when vacationing but i may have to really look at things differently if we are traveling with a group again in the future.

Speaking of the higher end experience. Everything that was included with the suite perks were amazing. The concierge staff,  Mohamed and Jeremias were amazing.  They were extremely attentive and put in extra effort multiple times throughout the trip.  All of the staff knew us by name and it always felt very inviting. I really liked both of the main suite lounge bartenders as well,  Marlin was the man! I made sure to give them all extra praise in the survey.

20200201_224855.thumb.jpg.0e3acbbaaa4b2378006a9c114665f8fd.jpg

Even though i had a great time at the overwater cabana, I probably wouldn't get one again. There weren't a ton of offerings in the beach club for my daughter aside from swimming, and the weather wasn't the best for that. I felt she probably would have had a better time on the rest of Coco Cay. Sure we could have done some of that as well but then it would have taken time away from the cabana, which i wanted to experience. She'll be 10 by our next major cruise so maybe a waterpark cabana is in our future!

Drink package and drinking: I'm torn on this one. I don't drink a lot normally, only on the weekend while socializing or special occasions. I drank a lot on the cruise, but i never over did it.  Staying in a suite on an oasis class ship i probably would have been fine without the drink package and just having beer and wine 11-11 in the suite lounge. The drink package did let me try a bunch of drinks i have never tried. Pretty sure there wasn't a single thing that i didnt like. I want to thank this board for suggesting the Kraken Lava Flow.  One of my favorite drinks on the cruise!

I was also pretty happy that i could order 2 drinks i wasn't expecting to be available.  Port wine was available in the suite lounge, i did some research prior to cruising and didn't think I could get it. I tried a few other bars but came up short. The other drink was a Sake and Sake Bomb, it was not on the menu. I always order a Sake bomb and a bottle of Sake when i go to hibachi. They wouldn't let us use the chop sticks to balance the glass of sake though. Something about safety.  It was still pretty damn tasty though! Don't i look classy slamming the drink in my tie? lol...

The survey has been completed, the bags are unpacked, and  i'm depressed it's all over. ?

Thanks for reading everyone! Doing this blog was a lot of fun! I will be doing one again on my next cruise.

30 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

This was the first time i have ever really traveled with a group, I value family time vacations because i can be pretty busy and stressed out with work. It is really important to me to create lasting memories on trips, and i enjoy getting my wife and child to myself. Traveling with a group was a lot different and i think i made some mistakes. I thought staying in a suite would give us more time together, but juggling time with our travel mates and living the "suite life" was pretty difficult. Some of what i see as value in suite amenities was lost because no one else could use it and we were supposed to be all together.  We didn't even eat dinner at CK until night 4 and as soon as i tasted my food i wished we could have eaten there more. Little things like not sitting together at shows because i had to utilize the suite seating sections might have caused some tensions with my group. I am very used to a higher end experience when vacationing but i may have to really look at things differently if we are traveling with a group again in the future.

Even though i had a great time at the overwater cabana, I probably wouldn't get one again. There weren't a ton of offerings in the beach club for my daughter aside from swimming, and the weather wasn't the best for that. I felt she probably would have had a better time on the rest of Coco Cay. Sure we could have done some of that as well but then it would have taken time away from the cabana, which i wanted to experience. She'll be 10 by our next major cruise so maybe a waterpark cabana is in our future!

First, thanks for the blog, it was entertaining the whole way through.

But, I wish I had read it about 14 months ago, because we are about to have some of the same issues. We are traveling with two families and are the only family in a suite. We are in a grand suite, though, instead of a crown loft. I was trying to mitigate the isolation, specifically not booking a crown loft so we could be on the same floor / area (and then they switched to GTY rooms ?). I can definitely see some of the suite value being diminished because when we've traveled together before we always got together for dinner and shows - two of the major suite perks.

We also have an overwater cabana booked (which neither family wants to join - $). We can still drop that, but I figure we should try it once. Only one kid is interested in the water park, so if we don't do the beach club, we'll probably just end up at one of the regular beaches.

Eh, we'll figure it out.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the next blog.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I like to travel on the high end side but I worry that Star class would take away from my experience by segregation.

On the contrary, I find that with Star, you can do everything you normally want to do and then some...best experience ever.  Only downside is that you will be ruined for all future cruises.