Dinner table size

Tripledeac

Please make sure you check this situation out when you get onboard to ensure your table is set up as desired.  We had a large group next to us that did not do this nor did they make mention of it until night 2 when all of them were going to dinner at the same time at a table that did not fit them all.  I really did not understand why they did not think of this on night 1 but they did not.  Therefore, after dinner service started on night 2 they created a challenging situation for the dining room staff to find them a new location for their rather large group-not 14 but probably around 10 or so.  Just some advice to make your dining experience better for your group.  I would also recommend you do traditional dining to ensure you are all dining together every night at the same table that will fit all of you.

1 hour ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

Please make sure you check this situation out when you get onboard to ensure your table is set up as desired.

I would also recommend you do traditional dining to ensure you are all dining together every night at the same table that will fit all of you.

Agree. Go to your dining room once on board day 1. There should be the head waiter or someone at the door who can help you with this. We've seen both large round and elongated oval tables that might work for you.

We are sailing on the Harmony in a CL Suite in June 2020. Friends of ours have now booked the same sailing and want to dine with us. We are #TeamCK but will split our dinners, a few in the MDR with them and then at least 3 in the Coastal Kitchen, just us. We will go night one to the MDR, when the concierge emails us is this how we request to be assigned all to the same table or should we do it even ahead of that time. I don't want to mess up the MDR staff with seating arrangements to late. Basically the six of us would ask for a table for us in the MDR and then my family staying in the CL will visit Coastal probably by night 3. Any suggestions for making this more seamless? We will just excuse ourselves a few nights not wanting to make a big deal of it. Thanks everyone!

41 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We are sailing on the Harmony in a CL Suite in June 2020. Friends of ours have now booked the same sailing and want to dine with us. We are #TeamCK but will split our dinners, a few in the MDR with them and then at least 3 in the Coastal Kitchen, just us. We will go night one to the MDR, when the concierge emails us is this how we request to be assigned all to the same table or should we do it even ahead of that time. I don't want to mess up the MDR staff with seating arrangements to late. Basically the six of us would ask for a table for us in the MDR and then my family staying in the CL will visit Coastal probably by night 3. Any suggestions for making this more seamless? We will just excuse ourselves a few nights not wanting to make a big deal of it. Thanks everyone!

I think you have a good plan working.  I wouldn't completely abandon the idea, however, of having your friends dine with you in the CK one night.  As Matt always says, be ok with "no" for an answer, but I would certainly at least ASK the Suites Concierge if you could bring your friends in for 1 dinner.  Maybe ask for a late dining time as opposed to the very popular 6-7:30 timeframe and one of the non-event evenings...I would certainly not try it on filet night or a formal night, but one of the other "routine" nights might work.

I've done two large group sailings...Oasis in May 2017 with 14 in our group, and Harmony in May 2019 with 11 in our group.  Both times, they just put together adjoining rectangular tables to accommodate us.  We did traditional early seating both times.  I know for the late seating, they broke our one large table up in to smaller sections.   It was absolutely no issue.  It was nice in that we had our own dedicated waiter and assistant all to ourselves both times!

I went to the main dining room soon after boarding (on both cruises) just to verify that tables were setup for our group, and both times, everything was perfect.  I was also careful to make sure all of our rooms were linked together for dining prior to cruising.