Symphony vs Oasis

JennG1209

If it's a ship-only decision,  my preference right now would be to book Oasis with all of the new amplifications (and BBQ food!).   

If it's an itinerary based decision, that would be your preference.   I really want to book Oasis but we found a better itinerary on Symphony for next January and went with that.

If price is truly the same for both, I would lean towards the one out of Port Everglades because for me it's much easier to deal with..flights are cheaper for me to FLL and hotels are cheaper and super near the port.  Plus Terminal A in Miami made me mad the last time we disembarked because the traffic was ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

Cats or no Cats?  ?

That is a good consideration.  When it comes to shows I give the slight edge to Symphony.  Theater shows (Hairspray and Flight) were better than the ones on Oasis.  The ice show on Symphony it a little better because DRONES!  But the Aqua80 aquatheater show on Oasis is much better than Hiro was IMO.

37 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

If it's a ship-only decision,  my preference right now would be to book Oasis with all of the new amplifications (and BBQ food!).   

If it's an itinerary based decision, that would be your preference.   I really want to book Oasis but we found a better itinerary on Symphony for next January and went with that.

I love BBQ! LOL Will this be the deciding factor?? Stay tuned LOL

19 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If price is truly the same for both, I would lean towards the one out of Port Everglades because for me it's much easier to deal with..flights are cheaper for me to FLL and hotels are cheaper and super near the port.  Plus Terminal A in Miami made me mad the last time we disembarked because the traffic was ridiculous.

I was thinking the same thing.. who wants to deal with Miami! I live in Brevard County, so flights arent an issue, I will be driving. I wish they had an itinerary out of Port Canaveral that I wanted.. That would be ideal. Im like 5 minutes from Port Canaveral ?

Symphony also has a uniquely larger solarium than the rest of the oasis class and is the newer ship overall (I realize oasis was just reamped but still nearly 10 years older and they can't do everything in the dry dock) so full rooms, artwork, public spaces, tech, everything will be just a bit fresher and cleaner, plus symphony leaves from terminal A in miami (where I would rather stay, more to see and do that FLL).

I'm just another guy offering his two cents, but all things truly being equal I would go with symphony out of miami, in fact I would pay 10% more to go that route.

1 hour ago, JennG1209 said:

I love BBQ! LOL Will this be the deciding factor?? Stay tuned LOL

I was thinking the same thing.. who wants to deal with Miami! I live in Brevard County, so flights arent an issue, I will be driving. I wish they had an itinerary out of Port Canaveral that I wanted.. That would be ideal. Im like 5 minutes from Port Canaveral ?

Well if you are driving in, it's not that bad.  Getting to park at Terminal A is great, similar to ease of parking at Port Canaveral.  It's the mess if you don't self-assist off the ship and get off with all of the masses..you're dealing with folks queuing for taxis and rideshares and personal pickup and it all bottlenecks and is a mess when you hit it at the wrong time.  Driving and parking at the port will give you the ability to avoid all that mess.

Having done all four Oasis class ships over the past year, Symphony is my #1 ranked followed by the revamped Oasis so I would have the same difficult decision!  

In my opinion Symphony still gets the edge with more pros:

Symphony pros:  ice show drones have a slight edge over the sand art guy, Hairspray over CATS, Flight over the other medley abomination on Oasis, Jamie's over Giovannis, Wonderland and Hooked, decor is a bit more modern with darker finishes

Oasis pros:  Aqua80s over Hiro, Portside BBQ, usually WAY cheaper pricing (but apparently not so in this case)

26 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

PS: While the BBQ is admirable for BBQ on a cruise ship, it's no Cryderman's so go into it with the right expectations! ? 

8 minutes ago, JennG1209 said:

OMGeeee, I LOVE CRYDERMANS! You must be from around here ?

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Not from the area but from Florida and close enough to make your area a long weekend getaway.  I always make it a point to hit up Dirty Oar and Crydermans when I'm down there.

I am not from there but both places seem like a great places to visit!

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't been on the Oasis as of yet, but Symphony was so awesome for us this past September that we decided to do two consecutive weeks this coming September to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary! All the shows were amazing, street parties loads of fun, specialty and main dining food all terrific...and we loved the adult focus of the Solarium for sun, drinks and relaxing pools.