Adventures Voom surf & Stream

mworkman

There are multiple things that could be in play.  Wifi in cabin can be weak causing slow speeds.  Yesterday to call the Royal redeployment desk I had to stand near my door with the door cracked open so enough wifi could leak in and allow me to talk on the phone over Voom.  Over by the desk near the balcony the wifi is very weak in this cabin.

The western Caribbean is covered by more than one satellite and the system switches between them as you sail across the Caribbean Sea.  The system may be fringe on one satellite and hasn't cutover yet.

The satellite might be "seen" through the ship exhaust so the signal is degraded because of the heading of the ship relative to where the satellite is positioned in the sky.

They could be downloading stuff to the ship systems.  This uses the same bandwidth and can make Voom slow.  

They could be getting cheap and not buying more bandwidth as demand has increased.  More people are connecting and more devices are trying to put stuff in the cloud.  After leaving a glacier Voom is terrible because hundreds of devices are trying to upload thousands of pictures to the cloud.