Excursion Recommendations

Bakerette

I am sailing on Harmony with my mom in April to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roatán, & Perfect day @ CocoCay and I am looking for excursions recommendations for something that has to do with seeing the ruins, food such as making a local meal or chocolate or shopping or at resort for a day or an excursion that has all of those either in Cozumel, or Costa Maya. And when visiting Roatán I want to either go on a beach/waterpark with lunch excursion or spend the day at a resort. I do not want to go on an excursion @ CocoCay

I would like for your opinions & recommendations for the excursions that you think we would like for Cozumel, México, Costa Maya, México & Roatán, Honduras.  Also please tell me the names of the excursions and where I can book the excursions if that is even possible for you to remember the names of the excursions that you recommended for each of the ports (other than CocoCay) and where the excursions can be reserved.

I’m asking for any excursions for the ports listed for the interest I had provided. They can be either third party excursions or sponsored thru Royal Caribbean? Also would appreciate opinions on any other excursions that you went had been on

Edited by Bakerette

1 hour ago, emsff02 said:

Are you asking about third party excursions? There should be a bunch of Royal Caribbean sponsored excursions in your cruise planner that would meet your needs

I’m asking for any excursion for the ports listed for the interest I had provided. They can be either third party excursions or sponsored thru Royal Caribbean? Also would appreciate opinions on any other excursions that you went had been on.

I've been to all (except Perfect Day).  We did not visit the ruins in Costa Maya or Cozumel since it sort of a long trip and went to beaches instead.  I know it's not what you ask for  but Maya Chan in Costa Maya can't be beat.   

In Roatan, check out Daniel Johnson's Monkey & Sloth Hangout.  (just google it).  We were there a couple years ago and going back in 2 weeks!  (taking Rhapsody out of Tampa 1/25).   The monkeys are nuts but the sloths are so gentile and nice. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Costa Maya a few years ago and did the Mayan experience excursion through https://www.thenativechoice.com/. It was a well run, reasonably priced and enjoyable day. The tour included a visit to Chacchoben ruins and then a home visit where we learned about modern day Mayan life, made corn tortillas and had a wonderful meal. 

We also took the Mayan Experience tour through native choice (dec2018).  We really enjoyed it.  I’d definitely take another ruins tour with them!

We also booked a tour through victor Bodden in Roatan.  https://www.boddentours.com  It was the best of roatan private tour.  We went to the botanical gardens, wandered on a beach, saw gorgeous views of island, and did an glass bottom boat.  It was a nice experience and not too badly priced - think it was $125 for the guide and then cost of admission.  We’d use again. (Same trip late dec 2018 or early jan2019).

In Cozumel, we did the RCCL Mayan ruins and chocolate excursion.  We enjoyed it.  Chocolate was delicious, but the chocolate portion was super expensive and mostly just a store you wandered through.  Ruins were interesting, but not as nice as those you can see in costa maya. I think we enjoyed see the beautiful beach (natural) more.