St. Maarten beach recomendations

Vancity Cruiser

2 hours ago, bytheslice said:

My favorite St Marten beach is Orient. There is a clothing optional section of the beach, the majority of the beach requires a swimsuit. Though I have never been there, a few locals I asked said Le Galion is their favorite. Maho beach is great for plane watching but there is very little sand to lay on and many boulders. Mullet Bay beach is near Maho but no view/noise of the planes. Large waves the time I was there. In view of the cruise port close to Fort Amsterdam is Divi Little Bay beach resort which for a reasonable cost allows you access to chair/umbrella and, I believe, their pool.

+1

Another vote for Orient Beach. It is beautiful and long to walk on. Lots of places to eat & enjoy a cocktail. (this was before the last hurricane though, has someone visited since?) While it is true there is a clothing optional beach there it's location is all the way on the end, you won't accidently trip over it. When I was there the signage was huge advising you were entering that section. It was low key and covered with lounge chairs, orange umbrellas and lounging people, in our opinion not a reason to skip this beautiful beach, you really are not "exposed" pun intended to it unless you wish to be! Enjoy whatever you choose.

Orient Beach is on the French side and we were there several years ago before the hurricane and had a great time.  Just took a $10 or $15 cab to get there.  Next to the beach were were at, was "Club Orient" which includes a nude beach.  I took a walk over the rocks seperating it to do some "sight seeing"  (don't judge!).  Anyway, back to the regular part of Orient Beach, I would call it a "topless optional"  beach (since we were with friends, my wife kept her suit on! lol) 

Does anyone know if Orient Beach has been rebuilt since the hurricane?  I had heard there was not much there (too bad!).