Beach beds on Coco Cay

4everwhiting

We will be on Coco Cay on January 28th. I want to get a beach bed for me a my husband. When I look at shore excursions, it shows two options for beach beds. One on chill island and one on south beach. Which location do I want? Also, I saw on some other posts the beach beds are for 4 people. So if we pay for the beach bed and it's just of us, are they going to put 2 random people there with us? Or can we just have two people? Thanks in advance

@4everwhiting   Visited the Island this past November 2019. Personally I picked and have continued to choose (on my next 2 sailings) beach beds on Chill Island. When we were there this past November the tide was out on South beach and the water wasn't as pretty to look at in my humble opinion. Add to that the construction that was going on right next to that area, they covered the best they could (could not cover the noise though) but I would ask for a "corner" bed in the front row on Chill. I believe the bed is priced for you, as you purchase it for up to 4 people as they have the bed and then 2 loungers next to it. I strongly believe it is all yours not to be shared as you have paid for it, so 2 people are fine. I believe the number 4 comes in to charge additional monies per head if more than 4 are using it. They gave us towels and a little cooler with cold water in it. Enjoy, I wish I was going with you! (also, when you book the bed only attach it to one of your names OR they will charge you for 2 beds.) Happy Vacation :17_heart_eyes:

Our family is going on our first cruise with RC on the Anthem in April! We were debating the same question and ultimately chose a beach bed on Chill Island because it was closer to the Chill Grill and and some of the other places. Videos I've seen say that South Beach is senere, etc. which has its own advantages, but we didn't want to be so far removed from all of the action (we're probably not going to do the water park). I also found out that Majesty will be docked there before us on the same day, and I didn't know how crowded it will be (though all of the videos and reviews say that chairs and loungers are plentiful), so just in case, we booked the bed because we liked the thought of having a place to park your stuff for the day. Enjoy your trip! 

Update: I found where someone posted a cabana guide map of the day beds and cabanas and their numbered locations. It looks like the South Beach day beds are closest to the Chill Grill (I was wrong about what I said earlier about the Chill Island beds being closer to it, oh well). I tried to cancel the Chill Island beds and make one for the South Beach one but both are sold out, so I'm staying with what I have. Here's the link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2722616-mariner-live-review-4nt-bahamas-jan-6-10th/page/3/

Edited by nova_gal
updated info with link to cabana guide map

DH booked us a beach bed on South Beach although I'd prefer one on Chill. We are there Jan 29. yesterday I was trying to find out if the Oasis Lagoon is heated so was googling stuff about Coco Cay and discovered that the fine print of the brochure for Coco Cay says the South Beach ones won't be ready until Jan 31 now. I don't know what this means for my booking but for that reason alone I would strongly suggest that for Jan 28, you book chill island.