Minors debarking if not in same stateroom?

Neesa

@Matt We are traveling with friends and their son wants to join us on a "Resort for a day" excursion I booked. Will he be allowed off of the ship with us? Can we bring him back on with us? We are in separate cabins and are not related thus our names are also different, he will be 14 at time of sailing. Thanks everyone (his parents will be doing an adult excursion elsewhere)

On my current cruise I saw a minor being stopped when attempting to get off without his parents who had left right before him.  Security actually ran off to stop the parents holding the minor on the ship.

In your case why don't your friends (or one of them) get off with their child, hand him off to you and immediately reboard the ship?  Can you make the timing work so you get off at the same time?

@twangster I definitely considered your option, and then we would meet them at agreed location to board again. I agree with the security for minors and fully support it for obvious reasons. I was just considering if they had a waiver or something to that nature. You are correct though we may in fact do just what you suggested, even with excursion times we will adjust ourselves to make it work. Thank you so much for responding! Hope your sailing was incredible!