Cruise from UK

Hi, has anyone ever noticed RC doing special offers on drinks packages? Travel agent told me they often do BOGOF but I have checked everyday since booking last summer and the price varies from £43 to £46 but no less and never seen any special offers. Also anyone aware of a good hotel close to Southampton port to stay overnight pre cruise? TIA

1 hour ago, 1st time cruiser said:

Hi, has anyone ever noticed RC doing special offers on drinks packages? Travel agent told me they often do BOGOF but I have checked everyday since booking last summer and the price varies from £43 to £46 but no less and never seen any special offers. Also anyone aware of a good hotel close to Southampton port to stay overnight pre cruise? TIA

These sorts of pricing games will vary greatly from UK and US-booked sailings.

Welcome to the blog !!

I have never seen a BOGO offer for drinks. sometimes the travel agents have offers from royal which include the  drinks package but In reality the price of the cruise goes up to accommodate the "free" drinks package

in regards to hotels there are many around the dock area. take a look on booking.com is a good start.

Hi @1st time cruiser

I have checked my cruise planner loads since booking back in July 2019 and the price has never fell below £40 per day on the Deluxe drinks package. I read about the deals with up to 30% off in the States. Seems the deals aren't as lucrative in the UK but I could be wrong. Best thing is to just keep checking. ?

On 1/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, 1st time cruiser said:

I have done two sailings from Southampton and on both occasions booked the deluxe package before going, I seem to remember on board it was roughly £15 per person per day more. I just have a speadsheet loaded up and check it every other day a few months in the run up to the cruise. Usually though on the cruises i have picked the difference is usually £6 up or down.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, 1st time cruiser said:

Re hotel stay; we have used the Southampton Premier Inn which is right next to the RCI cruise terminal. Walking distance for some but we took an Uber taxi for about £5.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, 1st time cruiser said:

Just looked, and with the exchange rate, your normal price of £43 to £46 is roughly the same price as our “sale” prices here in the states, so you don’t have to feel like you are getting ripped off or missing any great deals.