Alcoholic Punch Card

KevinS

First of all, thank you to everyone for all the helpful hints as we approach our cruise in March.  When we cruised on Oasis 2 years ago, we were able to purchase a punch card good for 10 alcoholic drinks for somewhere between $80-$100.  We purchased on board a couple days into our cruise.  We aren't big drinkers, but like to get a couple drinks a day.  Even if we buy a couple of these cards, it will save us a lot of money versus purchasing the drink package.  Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else has seen these cards before and if they are still available on Harmony.  Thanks for your input. 

They did offer the alcohol drink card on our September sailing on Harmony. However it wasn't offered until over half way through the sailing, maybe Day 5. Other posters on this blog have mentioned the card might be offered one sailing, but not the following sailing on the same ship.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Drink cards are sometimes offered, but there is no way if it will be offered on your sailing.  

FWIW, I haven't seen a drink card offered on any of my sailings in quite a few months.

I suspect that they monitor how drinks are selling, while on each cruise, and if drink sales are lagging (cant believe they ever would be) THAT is when they push the cards? I could be wrong....but it wouldnt make sense to discount the sales of something youre having no problem selling. 

I've noticed drink cards on nearly every RC cruise I've been on. I think they calculate how many people have drink packages and how many don't. They then offer the card about half way through the cruise as people tend to loosen up (their wallets) while on vacation and get thirsty. I don't think it has anything to do with low sales margins though it certainly has something to do with getting people to open their wallets.

I typically don't get the drink package but I've been tempted a few times to buy the cards.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, KevinS said:

First of all, thank you to everyone for all the helpful hints as we approach our cruise in March.  When we cruised on Oasis 2 years ago, we were able to purchase a punch card good for 10 alcoholic drinks for somewhere between $80-$100.  We purchased on board a couple days into our cruise.  We aren't big drinkers, but like to get a couple drinks a day.  Even if we buy a couple of these cards, it will save us a lot of money versus purchasing the drink package.  Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else has seen these cards before and if they are still available on Harmony.  Thanks for your input. 

First of all, great name Kevin!

I've seen the punch card on nearly all of my August cruises (I wasn't looking the first time I went on Allure), but I think that might be because of the time of year.