No refundable option for Allure of the Seas in 2021

Are there no more refundable options for future cruises? I am looking to book Allure of the Seas for May 30, 2021. I am 100% going on this date, the other people booking would like a refundable option + I want one too in case I decide to cancel booking and book with an agent that may offer same price + extra perks. Right now I am just trying to secure room, as I know the prices will go lower later this year for those dates.

When I go to book on direct website and other places there's no refundable option. Anyone else seen this sort of thing too?

There is, but you have to click through and fill in all the guest information first.  Then, near the end, there is a box you can click on the select refundable.  If you are dealing with a TA, they can still price out both fares for you.  Grand suites and above are all non-refundable (for the most part, there are a few exceptions).

It's available, I just looked at a refundable fare on Allure for Jan 2021. But you have to do what @Lovetocruise2002 said and go through the entire process of entering names/dob, etc. It's a total PITA and I wish they'd show both prices before you go through all of that.  I use aliases when I do it.

3 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Thank you guys. I see it now. Before they used to do it before you selected your room, so it was throwing me off. There was a blue box where you choose refundable or non-refundable rate.

I'd throw them a parade if they went back to this way of doing it.

I find the refundable fare to be about the same price (or more) than if I just make the change and pay the fee (because I'm going on A CRUISE just maybe not that one LOL). I'd cancel and re-book when it got closer and plans became 100%, however, we all know fares go up so it's a horrible gamble. 

2 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I find the refundable fare to be about the same price (or more) than if I just make the change and pay the fee (because I'm going on A CRUISE just maybe not that one LOL). I'd cancel and re-book when it got closer and plans became 100%, however, we all know fares go up so it's a horrible gamble. 

I've never done a refundable cruise. I've always booked max 3 months out, and the past one I booked it two weeks beforehand and scored the best price since a year out from sailing. The only reason I am doing refundable this time around is because I am booking so soon. Priceline Cruises has shown the best prices, even for the cruise we did last year. So I just want to keep my options open being so far out between cruise alerts I am getting and priceline. That way with refundable I can get my money back 100% between now and 90 days from sailing in May 2021.  I am still waiting for prices to show between 800-900 for a balcony for this silly refurbished allure. Lowest is like 1000 for interior room, which I  wouldn't mind but I think we will need that extra space with putting a crib/pack n play inside the room.

Edited by xps15z
Meant to say "never" done a refundable cruise

17 minutes ago, xps15z said:

I've done a refundable cruise. I've always booked max 3 months out, and the past one I booked it two weeks beforehand and scored the best price since a year out from sailing. The only reason I am doing refundable this time around is because I am booking so soon. Priceline Cruises has shown the best prices, even for the cruise we did last year. So I just want to keep my options open being so far out between cruise alerts I am getting and priceline. That way with refundable I can get my money back 100% between now and 90 days from sailing in May 2021.  I am still waiting for prices to show between 800-900 for a balcony for this silly refurbished allure. Lowest is like 1000 for interior room, which I  wouldn't mind but I think we will need that extra space with putting a crib/pack n play inside the room.

Ah, yeah that's a little different. I usually book about 12 to 18 months out.

After you go thru the whole process of entering names and selecting refundable and pre-paid grats (if desired) to price it out, if you don't want to finalize the booking, I recommend clicking on the "change itinerary" link.  It'll ask if you're sure and warn you that your info will be lost, but this will keep RCCL from emailing you reminders for days to finish the booking.  

47 minutes ago, Brobbins246 said:

After you go thru the whole process of entering names and selecting refundable and pre-paid grats (if desired) to price it out, if you don't want to finalize the booking, I recommend clicking on the "change itinerary" link.  It'll ask if you're sure and warn you that your info will be lost, but this will keep RCCL from emailing you reminders for days to finish the booking.  

This is why I just use fake names and a throw-away email. Frankly they could avoid all of that if they would just allow us to see the extra charge of making it refundable up front.