Bon Voyage Navigator! Rough seas??

9 hours ago, steverk said:

I'm on rhapsody right now and it's been pretty rough. I've been out in bigger seas, but that was on a bigger boat too.

I'd suggest bringing ginger pills with you. You can find them in the vitamin isle at Walmart.  They're cheap and my daughter swears by them.

Thanks!  I’m going to stop and get some before we head to the terminal.  Already had a little Dramamine and meclizine but going to pick up a little extra.  Enjoy your cruise!

Friday night on Mariner out of Port Canaveral was a pretty rough ride to Nassau.  Although the winds continued through the weekend, the seas settled down a bit and we didn't notice the motion again and both Navigator and Mariner docked in Coco Cay on Sunday.  It was definitely windy but otherwise a beautiful day for January, no complaints here!

22 minutes ago, SassMaster said:

Does each port have a different tolerance on whether the ship can dock? Does the highlighted yellow mean it isn't docking?

The highlighted yellow just means those are numbers that would give them reason to exercise more caution when docking.  There are tons of factors that go into the decision, so just because it's highlighted in yellow doesn't necessarily mean they're going to miss the port.  The combo of the wave heights plus the wind can cause the waves to break high enough that they would wash over the dock.  In that case it wouldn't be safe for them to have passengers using the dock at all even if the ship was able to safely tie up.

16 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The highlighted yellow just means those are numbers that would give them reason to exercise more caution when docking.  There are tons of factors that go into the decision, so just because it's highlighted in yellow doesn't necessarily mean they're going to miss the port.  The combo of the wave heights plus the wind can cause the waves to break high enough that they would wash over the dock.  In that case it wouldn't be safe for them to have passengers using the dock at all even if the ship was able to safely tie up.

Thanks!  I'm all about safety and going with the flow.   I just love to have all the knowledge I can so I understand.  ?