Disembarkation Singapore Voyager of the Seas

Hello,

Sailing on Voyager of the Seas from Sydney to Singapore 16th April. Booked through RCCL Australia. Arrive 08.00 am Singapore 29th April, and Disembark 30th April.

It does not appear I can book Airport transfers online. Can these be booked on board RCCL?

The airport transfers will be offered. But really no reason to book them. When you walk of of the terminal within 10 meters will be a fleet of private terminal  limo/taxis. If you walk another 40 or 50 meters a fleet of modern regular taxis. The Marina Bay Cruise Terminal is set up like a World Class Airport; Flat lifts, free carts, porters, lots of staff.

A taxi will cost you under $20.00 Singapore, The Limo/Taxis I believe are a flat rate of $50 or $55 Singapore (From memory). Both provide very good easy service only talks 20 to 30 minutes to the airport. Singapore is a very easy port with great services. You can even check off the ship and leave your baggage at the terminal or at the airport for a small fee. 

• 1 month later...

Royally confusing......So this was also an intersting experience on Voyager. Prior to saling we were not able to book pier to airport transfers in Singapore. We contacted RCCL Australia and they advised Public transport was the only option. Booked a private transfer for 4 pax from pier online. Onboard ship day 3 they issued a notification of Pier transfers and costs through RCCL. Thankfully, it was cheaper with a private transfer then RCCL pricing in USD. 

Thankfully, it was cheapers with a private transfer then RCCL pricing in USD. 

It is nearly always cheaper to book a private transfer than to book through Royal.  In addition, you don't have to wait around for a bus to fill.

No reason to book through Royal Singapore has first class transportation at the terminal door. Both Taxi, and Limousines, also the MRT is available but harder to use with luggage. 

You are missing my point. The point is RCCL, told me it would transfers would not be available, yet then on ship it was suddenly available. Inconsistent informtation and poor communication. 

You are missing my point. The point is RCCL, told me it would transfers would not be available, yet then on ship it was suddenly available. Inconsistent informtation and poor communication. 

I'm sorry but I did not miss the point. Royal customer service did not have the information and does not maintain this information on many non US Ports. Singapore is just so well run and has such great systems in place that they give complete information to every ship once they enter the port. Singapore markets its services directly to the ships. SO if you call customer service they have no information like many other things that happen on the ships and at the ports but the ship itself has much more information.

I'm sorry but I did not miss the point. Royal customer service did not have the information and does not maintain this information on many non US Ports. Singapore is just so well run and has such great systems in place that they give complete information to every ship once they enter the port. Singapore markets its services directly to the ships. SO if you call customer service they have no information like many other things that happen on the ships and at the ports but the ship itself has much more information.

The ship was not in the port when they handed out flyers for booking transfers, when I called they should have confirmed it would be organised later or they were unsure. Not that it would not be available. Anyway, thankfully it was cheaper to book on line, and recommend the same to anyone else.

The ship was not in the port when they handed out flyers for booking transfers, when I called they should have confirmed it would be organised later or they were unsure. Not that it would not be available. Anyway, thankfully it was cheaper to book on line, and recommend the same to anyone else.

Well,  if you read the thread or any of the information here you never would have made your posts. I said in the second post here it is cheaper hire a direct taxi or limo. And yes the ship was not in port when they gave you the information. But where do you think the information came from

and how do you think the ship got the information that they have on the ship? From the port when they docked the port gave them a package with complete information.... it was that information that guest services used.... it is that information that the ship has but Corporate does not have..... But that was again already made clear within this thread.

Todd, thank you for your thoughts. A taxi was not an option for 4 pax with 8 pieces of luggage. My second post in this blog was on return to Australia. I was making the point that we were told that transfers would not be available and we would need to make our own arrangements, yet on ship they were made available. The ship and cruise line are same company. As mentioned and I agree with you it did work out cheaper in a pre booked hire car.