Boarding with the app

Bee-rad

Hello,

We are a family of four (Me, wife, 13yo son and 15yo son) sailing on the HOTS this summer.  I have done a ton of reading on how to check in and board with the app, but I do have a question.  I read that once we check in we will have electronic Set Sail passes on my phone for the four of us which will (might) expedite boarding.  I also read that once on board our physical Set Sail passes will be be waiting at our room once it's ready.  If that is all true, then how would we split up when we got on board and still be able to charge things?  I give my kids access to our main account and they can use it for whatever, and the wife and I would like to get busy drinking!  Can I purchase the little bracelets with the electronic Set Sail passes? Can I transfer the electronic Set Sail passes to my family members to use on their app?  We've sailed a few time on RC, but haven't been able to do the app check in thing yet.

Thanks!

17 hours ago, Bee-rad said:

I read that once we check in we will have electronic Set Sail passes on my phone for the four of us which will (might) expedite boarding.

Yes, more info on how to get Expedited Boarding here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/01/08/royal-caribbean-makes-it-easier-update-cruise-check-information

17 hours ago, Bee-rad said:

I also read that once on board our physical Set Sail passes will be be waiting at our room once it's ready.

No, your SeaPass cards will be waiting in your room. You don't need your Set Sail Pass beyond boarding.

18 hours ago, Bee-rad said:

If that is all true, then how would we split up when we got on board and still be able to charge things?

Your SetSail Pass can be used to charge things. Just show it to the waiter/bartender.

The set sail is just the check in paperwork. If you have completed all the online check in (I think photos, passport info, CC info etc) and printed the set sail paper and/or downloaded the app which should the set sail info for everyone...that is all you need. When we boarded, we approached a lady I thought was going to direct us to one of the many check in lines. Instead, she scanned set sail pass, took our picture (facial recognition I think) and said we were done and could board. Check in too all of 30 seconds.

We were on board early, about 10:30. Doors to the room hallways were closed until 1pm. At one, they opened, we walked to the room, our bags were at the open door to the room. The Seapass card you will use for the rest of the cruise is in the room for each person.

20 hours ago, Bee-rad said:

Hello,

We are a family of four (Me, wife, 13yo son and 15yo son) sailing on the HOTS this summer.  I have done a ton of reading on how to check in and board with the app, but I do have a question.  I read that once we check in we will have electronic Set Sail passes on my phone for the four of us which will (might) expedite boarding.  I also read that once on board our physical Set Sail passes will be be waiting at our room once it's ready.  If that is all true, then how would we split up when we got on board and still be able to charge things?  I give my kids access to our main account and they can use it for whatever, and the wife and I would like to get busy drinking!  Can I purchase the little bracelets with the electronic Set Sail passes? Can I transfer the electronic Set Sail passes to my family members to use on their app?  We've sailed a few time on RC, but haven't been able to do the app check in thing yet.

Thanks!

If you are concerned about the time between when you board and when you can get in your room, you can take pictures of each of the passes and send to that person so they have their boarding pass with them until they get in the room.