MCO-Port Canaveral Tolls

Biff215

We’re renting a car at MCO tomorrow morning and headed to Port Canaveral. I know there are tolls, but are any cashless? Also, I know EZ-Pass is accepted on some roads but would that get us all the way to the port?

I found this but its not clear whether there are tolls after the split. 

image.png.466615b9f25471df843b227d37646a0f.png

Personally, I would skip using the EZ Pass that comes with the rental car if only using the car from the airport to port. Yes, it's much more convenient than stopping at each booth, but if you're only using the car for a single day, I'm not sure it's worth the $15-20 fee they charge for that convenience, in addition to the tolls.
If you're renting the car for multiple days, then that fee becomes a little more bearable being spread out over more days.

3 minutes ago, KJones said:

Personally, I would skip using the EZ Pass that comes with the rental car if only using the car from the airport to port. Yes, it's much more convenient than stopping at each booth, but if you're only using the car for a single day, I'm not sure it's worth the $15-20 fee they charge for that convenience, in addition to the tolls.
If you're renting the car for multiple days, then that fee becomes a little more bearable being spread out over more days.

I agree, I would likely never pay the fee unless there was no way to avoid it.  I have EZ-Pass at home, so when I saw that they accepted it, I considered bringing it with me.  I just remember Florida toll booths being painfully slow.  Maybe I'll bring quarters so I can use exact change?

I live out here. Near Port Canaveral.  
All tolls between MCO and the Port have toll attendants. There is only 2-3 told between the airport and the Port. Once the road splits towards the port, there are no more tolls. ? just leave the airport. Hope on 528 East. And it’s about a 40-45 min drive   528 takes you right to the Port. Piece of cake!  I’ll wave to you as you drive by. Lol

21 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

May want to just want to buy a SunPass…the SunPass Mini Transponder costs $4.99 plus tax...Slap 20 bucks on it as the money never expires.   They sell them at all the Rest stops on the Toll Roads or pick one up at a Publics Supermarket or a Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy. 

I did this as my mother lives in Florida and we also often fly into Orlando for cruises that leave Miami and Port Everglades.  Saves the hassle of stopping and some of the tolls in the Miami area are cashless. 

21 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

May want to just want to buy a SunPass…the SunPass Mini Transponder costs $4.99 plus tax...Slap 20 bucks on it as the money never expires.   They sell them at all the Rest stops on the Toll Roads or pick one up at a Publics Supermarket or a Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy. 

I purchased mine on line and they sent it to my home.  The Sunpass is definitely setup with tourist in mind.  You can go online and enter your rental car and plate info and set the expiration.  That way if the transponder doesn't get read properly they charge you instead of your rental car company.

3 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

That way if the transponder doesn't get read properly they charge you instead of your rental car company.

Which has happened to me a number of times.  So glad I had added the rental car license plate to my SunPass account, otherwise it's heavy charges from the rental car company.

For ease we just use the rental car.  It is usually 6.95 and then tolls.  Which this last time were 1.05.   The most I think we have been charged is 12.95 total.  I don't think that is very expensive like others have mentioned.  It does take about a month or 6 weeks to get the charges on your credit card. 

1 hour ago, devbak150 said:

For ease we just use the rental car.  It is usually 6.95 and then tolls.  Which this last time were 1.05.   The most I think we have been charged is 12.95 total.  I don't think that is very expensive like others have mentioned.  It does take about a month or 6 weeks to get the charges on your credit card. 

True, I believe Alamo was charging $4 (per day?) plus the cost of tolls. That’s not too bad at all. 

Also noticed this new program available at MCO that adds no extra fees:

https://visitortollpass.com/