Allure vs Oasis : Any difference?

tmh

From what I gather Allure and Oasis are, for the most part, the same ships (design, build, capacity, etc.) with different shows and possibly a few different eateries/restaurants.  Any suggestions on why one would choose one over the other?  And, how about the children's program--the same, different or better on one or the other?  Would love to hear comments from those who've been on these ships please.  Thanks much in advance!

I have been on Oasis. The Oasis Class ships offer the same children's programs, which are the best in the Royal Caribbean fleet. Like you said, only differences are shows, some restaurants, and Allure features a Guess store in the Royal Promenade. Both ships have a Coach store in Central Park.

Oasis leaves Saturday and Allure leaves on Sunday. A suggestion for picking one over the other would be price, departure preference, and show preferences.

• 1 year later...

Starting next year, 2016, Oasis will be departing from Cape Canaveral, to make room for Harmony.  Allure will stay down in Fort Lauderdale... so that's something.  Personally, I prefer Fort Lauderdale, but only because we usually spend a few days there before boarding.  If you were just flying in, and boarding the same day, there wouldn't be much difference, although the bus ride from Orlando airport to Cape Canaveral is a little longer than the cab ride from Ft Lauderdale airport to the pier...