Drinks package deal Jan 8-15 Allure

Stainton

21 hours ago, Stainton said:

I see drinks deal advertised on blog of upto 30%. I can't see a reduction on my sailing on the Allure

That's not uncommon.  Royal Caribbean's sales aren't always applicable to all sailings. 

The price of a drink package online will be cheaper than if you waited to book the drink package onboard.  In fact, the "up to 30% off" wording refers to the discount off the onboard price, not the online price.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's not uncommon.  Royal Caribbean's sales aren't always applicable to all sailings. 

The price of a drink package online will be cheaper than if you waited to book the drink package onboard.  In fact, the "up to 30% off" wording refers to the discount off the onboard price, not the online price.

Onboard pricing is currently  $63.00 - $89.00/per day for 2019-2020 sailings.

I pulled that directly from Royal's website.  I have not seen my drink package offering go past $60.  The lowest was $54/day.  Highest has been $59/day.

I am wondering, just to get an idea for future sailings, will the price I am seeing now be roughly similar to what I should expect when my other cruises start opening for cruise planner purchases?  I know each sailing is priced separate, just wondering ballpark.  

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

I pulled that directly from Royal's website.  I have not seen my drink package offering go past $60.  The lowest was $54/day.  Highest has been $59/day.

I am wondering, just to get an idea for future sailings, will the price I am seeing now be roughly similar to what I should expect when my other cruises start opening for cruise planner purchases?  I know each sailing is priced separate, just wondering ballpark.  

The price may be a bit higher on those cruises that haven't opened for the package yet.  I have a June 2020 cruise that I haven't seen go higher than $59 to date (currently $48 again with this "sale").  My October 2020 cruise stays in the mid-$50s range.  But I also have a November 2020 cruise that's kicking around the $62-$65 price point.  I've lucked out with my last 7-day cruises bottoming out at $48-49 at the lowest...and that November cruise is a 4-nighter inaugural cruise so there are plenty of factors that come into play with the pricing.  Again, the rule of thumb is that if you are ok with the price you see then jump on it and reprice if it goes lower because you will miss out if it goes higher and never bottoms out again.  You can also cancel once you get on the ship if the package price is lower than online (very rarely does this happen).  You will get it refunded as OBC and then you can buy the package onboard.

16 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The price may be a bit higher on those cruises that haven't opened for the package yet.  I have a June 2020 cruise that I haven't seen go higher than $59 to date (currently $48 again with this "sale").  My October 2020 cruise stays in the mid-$50s range.  But I also have a November 2020 cruise that's kicking around the $62-$65 price point.  I've lucked out with my last 7-day cruises bottoming out at $48-49 at the lowest...and that November cruise is a 4-nighter inaugural cruise so there are plenty of factors that come into play with the pricing.  Again, the rule of thumb is that if you are ok with the price you see then jump on it and reprice if it goes lower because you will miss out if it goes higher and never bottoms out again.  You can also cancel once you get on the ship if the package price is lower than online (very rarely does this happen).  You will get it refunded as OBC and then you can buy the package onboard.

Thats good information.  Especially on the OBC IF the price actually drops lower than the online purchase.  Some shopping would be warranted then!  I grabbed my drink package as soon as I could for our Dec 2020 sailing.  I like the option of cancelling and purchasing again if the price does drop.

3 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Royal has to make up for their error of $18 per day a while back...Which they honored.  We got lucky and snagged it for our upcoming 5 Apr Harmony of the Seas cruise

50 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

@Matt just being nosy, I was wondering if you could share what you paid for the drinks package over your NYE sailing?  Im just curious if it was priced at a premium due to sailing over NYE?  If that is too nosy I get it and apologize in advance.

I was on the Freedom NYE sailing I nabbed it for $49 which was the lowest that I saw.

It was also BOGO50 when boarding at $70 for the first person and $35 for the second making it $105 for two or $52.50/person.

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

I was on the Freedom NYE sailing I nabbed it for $49 which was the lowest that I saw.

It was also BOGO50 when boarding at $70 for the first person and $35 for the second making it $105 for two or $52.50/person.

Wow, I fully expected it to be higher!  Thank you for sharing! 

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

@Matt just being nosy, I was wondering if you could share what you paid for the drinks package over your NYE sailing?  Im just curious if it was priced at a premium due to sailing over NYE?  If that is too nosy I get it and apologize in advance.

I paid 429.52 for myself (with gratuity). I think that breaks down to $52 or so per day.

Just now, Matt said:

I paid 429.52 for myself (with gratuity). I think that breaks down to $52 or so per day.

Thanks for sharing!  That is less than our upcoming Dec Oasis sailing $446.04 w/gratuity.  We have 3 total sailings lined up. This thread has given me a really good idea what to plan for when buying the drink package for the other 2 sailings.  

• 2 weeks later...

My upcoming sailing is May 11th on Indy and the price is currently $61/day. I booked last June and have checked prices daily (Checked the morning of the $18/day mistake but missed out on that deal ? ). Unfortunately the best I've seen has been $57. I was really hopeful to see it come down because my last cruise I paid $48/day. I'm sure this being a 5 day compared to 7 makes a difference. This cruise also goes to both CocoCay and Labadee so I'm sure that factors into the increase in cost. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Hypno3 said:

We're sailing 30th August on Explorer of the Seas. Price was $75 AUD and has just changed to $69 AUD. No mention of a sale though, just a price change. is this normal??

Yup. Happens regularly as demand fluctuates. That's why some of us check obsessively!