Tours with GS - Yet another newb question

GizaGaza

Soooo... Here we go with another newb question that we just can't find a real answer to.

The wifey and I have seen some info related to bridge and galley tours being included with a GS on LOS, but we can't seem to find anything official.

Any of ya'll wise and all knowing folks have any experience, info, etc.

Thanks as always for your help.

I continually get confused about which perks are related to D+ and which are related to being in a suite...so I cannot be sure whether the bridge, galley and entertainment (theater) tours are related to being in a suite or not.  I believe that suite guests are invited to do the tours though.  I would ask this question when the suites Concierge contacts you prior to the cruise (usually 5 days prior to sailing).  They will confirm it for you then.  Others with better memories will probably answer before then.

I asked the Suite Concierge if any tours were available when we were on Liberty in September. She asked which we would like to see. We weren't interested in seeing the backstage area or galley and specifically asked about the bridge. There was a question about whether our son could go as he was only 7. She needed to get with the Loyalty Ambassador who was heading up these tours. She got back to me with an hour, and we were all set. The tour lasted maybe 10-15 minutes, and we had a chance to talk the the officer on the bridge. If you want a detailed tour, this is not it - book the all access tour in the cruise planner. But for a peek behind the proverbial curtain (there's an actual curtained section on the bridge hiding their security area), this was just right for us.

You won't see anything official, because it all depends on your specific cruise. For example, if they are running short staffed on the bridge for whatever reason, they will not offer a Bridge Tour for suite guests. Or if they have a dancer out on injury, they might offer Entertainment Tours to more people to keep that person busy.

We have gotten an Entertainment Tour for being in a GS (before we were Diamond) and a Bridge Tour (we were in an OS for this one, not sure if that mattered or not).

Added: We also got a Galley Tour once for being in a GS. That was a great one!

Edited by KristiZ
add item

Thanks for the info everyone. 

Is the tour for purchase worth doing, I know that’s kinda subjective but?

We are kind of thinking about trying a lot of the options on this cruise as they are fairly low cost, compared so many of the other sailings. Our thinking is if we do a bunch of it then we will know moving forward what is worth doing and what is not. Does this sound like a decent plan or a waste of time and money to you veteran cruisers?

Just think, in a few months we won’t be newbies anymore and will hopefully not ask so many silly questions... or maybe not ?