Inside 90 Days

SteveinSC

• Make final payment (hope you did that already)
    • Check again for available staterooms, dining, entertainment or shore excursions that may have become available due to other guests not making final payment.
  • Online check-in should become available
  • Start researching third party shore excursion options.  
  • Check your passports.  If you need to replace a lost birth certificate, apply for a new passport, or renew one that is about to expire, start the paperwork now.

3 hours ago, Matt said:
  • Make final payment (hope you did that already)
    • Check again for available staterooms, dining, entertainment or shore excursions that may have become available due to other guests not making final payment.
  • Online check-in should become available
  • Start researching third party shore excursion options.  
  • Check your passports.  If you need to replace a lost birth certificate, apply for a new passport, or renew one that is about to expire, start the paperwork now.

Thanks, Matt! Ive done these things, mostly. Im looking for the fun stuff....the sometimes overlooked stuff.....the getting "cruise ready" stuff ( packing lists, shopping lists or places to shop, etc....) I find that if I wait till 30 days out, it wont get done and I end up on vacation, wishing I had prepared further out. My wife and I have already started a "cruise items" area in our closet for things we are picking up as we go, and think about them. We have two young boys, so we have 4 people to potentially forget things for. lol We once went on a ski trip and completely forgot CLOTHES for one of my sons.    

• Keep checking my flight info for no reason
  • Keep checking my hotel info for no reason (Always fly in the day before!)
  • Keep looking at transportation options for Airport>Hotel and Hotel>Port
  • Check out all my destinations on Google maps and Street View
  • Sign into the RC website to look at the countdown and check for any new discounts on beverages, dining, excursions, and spa treatments
  • Sign in to the app to see if any more of the schedules have populated (A little tired of seeing "We're getting in ship shape")
  • Check the www.royalcaribbeanblog.com website several times a day
  • Comment on posts on the www.royalcaribbeanblog.com website!

Actually, checking your flight info periodically is a good idea.  Lately, there have been many changes to my airline reservations.  Some are minor - just a few minutes one side or the other of the original flight time, but sometimes the changes are significant enough that I must call them and change my reservation.  It seems to be happening more and more often,

19 minutes ago, SPS said:
  • Sign into the RC website to look at the countdown and check for any new discounts on beverages, dining, excursions, and spa treatments
  • Sign in to the app to see if any more of the schedules have populated (A little tired of seeing "We're getting in ship shape")

are you spying on me? lol

29 minutes ago, SPS said:

I check flights too for the reason @WAAAYTOOO mentioned. Also I try to book hotel stays that can be cancelled until 48 hours before (or day of!) - that way if I see a price drop I can cancel and rebook, using those savings for an extra Johnny Rockets milkshake :10_wink:

11 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Just wondering if anyone had a pre-cruise list of things to do, things to be aware of, things to take note of, once youre inside 90 days?  Im at 87!!!  

excited laugh GIF by Chris Kläfford

We consider our packing requirements, e.g., new shoes or clothes.  The idea is to buy on sale in the last 90 days....?

18 hours ago, SPS said:

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

Not sure about 90 days out, but for me, once a cruise is booked, the following are checked Daily:

• Cruise planner prices on everything I might be interested in
  • Flight times for both out and in bound flights for that day

I have a spreadsheet for both so I can see how the prices fluctuate on the cruise planner, and also to see how "on time" my flights are historically.

As an example, here is the Beverage package for our March cruise on Radiance in AUD:

Beverage    
27/04/2019 $87.68  
24/07/2019 $90.42  
12/08/2019 $89.05  
30/08/2019 $83.57 $83.57
06/09/2019 $89.05  
21/09/2019 $78.09 $78.09
04/10/2019 $83.57  
08/10/2019 $72.61 $72.61
20/10/2019 $83.57  
29/10/2019 $78.09  
27/11/2019 $69.87 $69.87
05/12/2019 $75.35  
11/12/2019 $65.76 $65.76
20/12/2019 $69.87  
08/01/2020 $65.76  

Middle column shows the prices as they changed, with green indicating the low point.

Right hand column shows the points at which I purchased, then cancelled and repurchased.

Prices in AUD BTW.