Baltimore sailing

My wife and I are sailing on Grandeur to Bermuda out of Baltimore with our teen granddaughters. We are driving from NJ to the terminal and the girls will be arriving in a different car as neither car is large enough for all four bags. Where is a good place to meet up with them in the terminal area so we can check bags and board together as we will have the travel docs with us? We have never sailed out of Baltimore before so we don't know the territory. Thanks!

My wife and I are sailing on Grandeur to Bermuda out of Baltimore with our teen granddaughters. We are driving from NJ to the terminal and the girls will be arriving in a different car as neither car is large enough for all four bags. Where is a good place to meet up with them in the terminal area so we can check bags and board together as we will have the travel docs with us? We have never sailed out of Baltimore before so we don't know the territory. Thanks!

It's an open parking lot at the terminal, and from what I've noticed, it's never completely filled so meeting in the parking lot itself is probably the easiest way.  You're going to love this, the port is right along I-95 just SOUTH of the Ft. McHenry Tunnel .... I know for Northbound I-95, I look for McComas St (not sure about southbound what the signage says) --- The Port of Baltimore Signage along I-95 is GREAT, you should have no problems..... When is your cruise?  My wife and I have one booked to Bermuda later this year.  This will also be her first (my third).

Have Fun

Arrival and parking are a little different in Baltimore.  Once you enter the port facility, they will direct you to drive to a luggage drop off station (be sure to have your pre-printed luggage tags or else they will direct you to an intermediate station to fill out tags), then you drive to the next station to pay for parking, then they direct you to wherever they are parking for your sailing (usually next to or in front of the terminal).  You can not enter the terminal without setsail pass - so really you will have to meet your party in the parking lot or outside the main entrance.  It's all actually very easy ... it's not a huge port. 

Agree with Rich T. Just came back from a 10-day out of Baltimore and it's so easy. First of all, get there early if possible. We were the 3rd car in line and they began letting us in the luggage drop off area around 10:00. Security was a breeze and by the time we got our Set Sail passes at 10:30 they had already started letting people on board. Like Rich said you drop luggage, pay for parking, then park first. Bring your bags to the front doors and wait there for the rest of your party. Simple as that. Have a great cruise!

One more thing you may want to consider... Once you board Grandeur nearly everyone will head to the Windjammer for lunch and it gets REALLY crowded. Do yourself a favor and head to the Park Cafe in the Solarium. They have great roast beef sandwiches, other sandwiches, soups and salads. It's quiet, you'll get a tasty meal and avoid most of the crowds.

One more thing you may want to consider... Once you board Grandeur nearly everyone will head to the Windjammer for lunch and it gets REALLY crowded. Do yourself a favor and head to the Park Cafe in the Solarium. They have great roast beef sandwiches, other sandwiches, soups and salads. It's quiet, you'll get a tasty meal and avoid most of the crowds.

This tip can be be applied fleet wide

Thanks for the tip Walls ..... although, thanks to that dang Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast -lol ..... I MUST have some Honey Stung Fried Chicken from the Wind Jam-Air (going for pronunciation here) which is ONLY available on embarkation day......

Honey Stung Chicken hasn't been available in Windjammer on embarkation day lately, BUT it is available through room service