Cococay wristbands

Rach&crew

Hi all. Just wondering how it works with the wristbands. I have booked a cabana and it includes 6 wristbands but we have 8 in our party including 2 kids under 3. I know the kids won’t get much use of the thrill park so just wondering could I go in for a few rides and then let my husband go in? I know this is probably not technically allowed but how strict is it? 

It is a waterproof paper type wristband with tacky glue.  There is no way to take it off and swap it back on someone else's wrist without ripping it.  The attendant at the cabana check in will ask the person that booked the cabana the names of each person and their cabin number.  They will than write down the names on their list.  They do not hand out the wristlets until that person physically checks in.

At least that is how it worked for our Chill Island.  IE.  My husband was the booker.  We traveled in a group.  We got there early.  They gave us, our wristbands.  The rest showed up 30  mins, to 1 hr later.  They just said,  Hubby's last name, the attendant looked on the list, and Voila they were handed a wristband.  

Granted maybe you could leave the wristband big enough so it can slide off your wrist and onto his hand, but that is a maybe.  My hubby's wrist is way bigger than mine.  We could not do that from a fit purpose.  

Are you sure you are in a cabana and not a bungalow?  Bungalows from what I know are 6 limit, and cabanas are 8.

I also don't know if the kids count in that count due to their age.

I do know, again, from a chill island cabana, that the attendants will not let them pass the entrance.  It is a roped off area.  Saw many people say,....my family is at this cabana and I just want to drop this off with them.  The attendant told them they had 1 of 2 choices, give it to them and they will take it to them, or get someone in that cabana to come to the station and collect it.  They did not let them go past the attendant.  

I believe the waterpark access is tied to the SeaPass card.  The Thrill cabanas are actually INSIDE the waterpark, so only those 6 people that you put on the cabana list would have entrance into the park where the cabanas were.  You would need to purchase waterpark access for the other 2 people for them to even be able to get to the cabana.  

Per Royal's website kids 3 and under can enter Thrill Waterpark for free, so presumably the two under 3s wouldn't need a wristband.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-destinations/cococay-bahamas/thrill-waterpark. This is consistent with my experience of Royal not charging for kids under 4 to go on excursions.

Thanks everyone I didn’t think of checking if under 3’s went free! It said cabana on the cruise planner when I bought it but definitely only max 6 so it must be the bungalow you described! One of my kids will be 4 when we travel so I will probably have to buy access for him but that’s fine! With.p a group of us traveling it worked out cheaper to get the cabana rather than 6 individual passes 

50 minutes ago, berkeleykel said:

Per Royal's website kids 3 and under can enter Thrill Waterpark for free, so presumably the two under 3s wouldn't need a wristband.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-destinations/cococay-bahamas/thrill-waterpark. This is consistent with my experience of Royal not charging for kids under 4 to go on excursions.

Good catch!

18 minutes ago, Rach&crew said:

Thanks everyone I didn’t think of checking if under 3’s went free! It said cabana on the cruise planner when I bought it but definitely only max 6 so it must be the bungalow you described! One of my kids will be 4 when we travel so I will probably have to buy access for him but that’s fine! With.p a group of us traveling it worked out cheaper to get the cabana rather than 6 individual passes 

No, it is definitely a cabana.  The thrillpark cabanas are for 6 people while the beach cabanas are for 8.  The beach bungalows are different and are only for 6.

I'm not sure how they regulate the access to the thrillpark cabanas but each cabana will get 6 waterpark admissions.  Per the FAQ you use your SeaPass to enter the waterpark.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-does-admission-into-thrill-waterpark-work-on-perfect-day-at-cococay

@Matt has done the cabanas in the waterpark, so perhaps he can shed some light on it for you on where the check-in is and if the cabanas in the waterpark are restricted access.

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

@Matt has done the cabanas in the waterpark, so perhaps he can shed some light on it for you on where the check-in is and if the cabanas in the waterpark are restricted access.

Not Matt but we've done the waterpark cabanas.  The cabanas are right off the sidewalk.   It isn't restricted access.  I've read other reports that the cabana attendant is willing to give an extra wristband but honestly I doubt the attendants won't be bothered by 2 extra little ones.  They want to make you happy so they can get a nice tip.  Plus I doubt that 8 would be in there at once.  Of course, this is technically against the rules and in typical RC fashion rules could be applied differently.  However, I found if you ask nice and tip well the answer is usually yes.

Go to the shore excursion desk and try to pick your cabana based on where you think the little ones would like best.  The ropes course is kind of in the middle of both slides.  The wave pool is also popular.  Once again, different ships have different rules and some allow you to pick an area and others won't.  Just try and see if it works for you.  

22 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Check-in is inside the water park. You tell the crew at the entrance you have a cabana, and then go to the cabana check-in desk, which is near the lockers/wave pool.

As I'm writing this, I am struggling to remember if we received wristbands for the water park at check-in or with our excursion ticket that was delivered to the room. Pretty sure we got the wristbands when we checked into the cabana.