Miami Hotel near port

Fairlynew

I have searched this site and could not find exactly what I am looking for.  I would like to find a reasonably priced (if possible, less than $300) hotel for one night pre-cruise.  We're not very picky.  Ideally, the hotel will be near the port and have at least a decent place to eat nearby-we won't have a car, but don't mind ride shares.  I can't seem to narrow down what is close to the port with any search I have used.  A continental breakfast would be icing on the cake-we won't need much breakfast, heading into a cruise, where I know we will find plenty to eat.

Note: I love the look of the Intercontinental, but I would prefer not to spend that much on a hotel for one night.

As always, thanks.

Twice I've used Priceline (where you pick the star rating, what you are willing to pay, and area you want to stay in), and twice I've been given the Kimpton Epic (next to Intercontinental) for about $250.  It's a beautiful hotel, right next to the Intercontinental.

Pics in my blog from my last cruise:

34 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Twice I've used Priceline (where you pick the star rating, what you are willing to pay, and area you want to stay in), and twice I've been given the Kimpton Epic (next to Intercontinental) for about $250.  It's a beautiful hotel, right next to the Intercontinental.

I'm currently at the Hilton Downtown and Epic keeps coming up on Priceline for $182/night or $515.98 total, thats only about $30 more than the Hilton but I'm leery of changing......more than anything I am guaranteed a bay view with Hilton and most likely will not get that at Epic.  

3 minutes ago, DanielB said:

I'm currently at the Hilton Downtown and Epic keeps coming up on Priceline for $182/night or $515.98 total, thats only about $30 more than the Hilton but I'm leery of changing......more than anything I am guaranteed a bay view with Hilton and most likely will not get that at Epic.  

Stick with what you're happy with! We were lucky to be upgraded to a bay view when we arrived, but it was a Sunday night.  I doubt we'll be so lucky next month.

Our favorite is the Marriott  Biscayne Bay. It is on the waterfront, you can see the ships from the hotel and depending on your sailing date, the price may be what you are looking for. They also offer a pre-cruise package that includes 2 cocktails, buffet breakfast and transportation to the port (Uber, they pay) for a quoted rate about $345.

We were happy with the Hampton Inn in Brickell. Very decent breakfast included in the rate, shopping and dining on the doorstep and a free monorail thingy at the end of the block that will take you to Bayside. When we stayed we used their shuttle service to the port at $8 per person but if there are any more than two of you you'd be cheaper with Uber/Lyft.

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

We were happy with the Hampton Inn in Brickell. Very decent breakfast included in the rate, shopping and dining on the doorstep and a free monorail thingy at the end of the block that will take you to Bayside. When we stayed we used their shuttle service to the port at $8 per person but if there are any more than two of you you'd be cheaper with Uber/Lyft.

We liked this place also.

Brickell and Biscayne Bay and even the airport hotels are reasonable for getting to the port.  Brickell and Biscayne Bay will have offerings within walking distance for food.  I have stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Brickell which has the standard Hampton Inn amenities like free breakfast.  You can get to this area from the airport using the rail system if you can walk and drag luggage with no issues.

The Biscayne Bay area has a Publix nearby which is great for picking up last minute wine, sunscreen, toiletries, etc. and has a great bakery/deli department which you would purchase stuff for breakfast in the morning if the hotel didn't offer one.  I have stayed at the Doubletree there and it was comfortable and it is also attached to a little mall with restaurants and a coffee shop.

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Holiday Inn in downtown Miami is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace.  Super convenient and you won't need a car to walk to restaurants.

Good location. When I stayed there, I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/11/07/holiday-inn-port-of-miami-downtown-hotel-review