Empress of the Seas

VosMaikai

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, VosMaikai said:

Do you have any new pod cast for Empress of the Sea?  I'm going to Bermuda in 2021 and am trying to gatherer the newest info after the renovations in Feb 2019.  Matt, I enjoy listening to your pod cast in the morning while I walk, Mahalo.  

I believe that it was just regular maintenance that they did on Empress in 2019 - there weren't any major renovations.   

Twangster has a couple of really nice Empress blogs from the last year - here's one:  

These are not breaks to do hotel upgrades although they might drain the pools and do work on them, or replace some carpeting but for the most part these dry docks are purely for marine maintenance.   

Older ships like Vision class, Majesty and Empress are required to do more periodic maintenance that can't be performed while in service.  New ships are required to "dry dock" every 5 years.  Older ships are more frequent. 

Empress is in great shape after her 2016 refresh when she came back into the fleet.  She doesn't really need much refreshing and they are not going to AMP any of the older ships at this point.