Question re: Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel.

Hi. I also booked this excursion and was told (or read) you pay the remainder when you check in. They don't provide towels so bring those from the cruise.

I have not been but read a ton of reviews and most were very good. We are traveling with a teenager, so hopefully, it's not too out of hand partying.

We're trying Mr Sanchos for the first time in May. I've been to Nachi Cocom but this will be our first time to Mr. Sanchos.if Mr Danchos is like Nachi Cocom, it will be very quiet and relaxing. No loud music at all which was great

Just Curious WAAAYTOOO, When in May, and what cruise ship?

I am 5-15-16 Allure

If you go before me you can tell me how it is.

I just put down a $10.00 deposit, for myself, and hubby, to go to Mr Sancho's, when we are in Cozumel Mexico.

I have never been to Mr. Sancho's before. I wanted to know, do I pay the balance when we get there?

Any one that has been there, Opinions, as a must try when we are there?

Kathy I'vr been to Sanchos twice. Yep you pay the balance when you get there. Make sure to print your confirmation letter and bring it with you when you check in at the resort. Sanchos is nice and the food is good there(especially the grilled shrimp) but honestly next time you go to Cozumel I would recommend trying Nachi Cocum. They only allow a maximum of 100 guests there and I find the food there to be a little fresher than Sanchos.

But you will enjoy Sanchos. Just next time give Nachi a try and see what you think of it :)

We were at Mr. Sancho's last year and had a great time. The frozen drink had a funky taste, but after 4 or 5 that went away. LoL

Drinks were stronger at the swim-up bar as the picture indicates.

Going to Nachi while on our April Liberty cruise and upon return I will post up my thoughts between the two.

post-1682-0-99006600-1459394153_thumb.jpg

We were at Mr. Sancho's last year and had a great time. The frozen drink had a funky taste, but after 4 or 5 that went away. LoL

Drinks were stronger at the swim-up bar as the picture indicates.

Going to Nachi while on our April Liberty cruise and upon return I will post up my thoughts between the two.

lol!!! Great Picture!!! I Look forward to seeing your Comparison between the two places.

Did you say, that you might be Periscoping from your cruise in April?

If so, I will make sure to keep an eye out for those periscopes.

Kathy I'vr been to Sanchos twice. Yep you pay the balance when you get there. Make sure to print your confirmation letter and bring it with you when you check in at the resort. Sanchos is nice and the food is good there(especially the grilled shrimp) but honestly next time you go to Cozumel I would recommend trying Nachi Cocum. They only allow a maximum of 100 guests there and I find the food there to be a little fresher than Sanchos.

But you will enjoy Sanchos. Just next time give Nachi a try and see what you think of it :)

Chris,

Only thing I got so far, was the PayPal confirmation that I had put down a $10 deposit, is that the confirmation letter that you were talking about? Or is Mr. Shancho's actually going to send me something?

Thank You for your help.

Yes, I will be Scoping when I have access to wi-fi since Voom still not installed on Liberty. I will use cell data while in Galveston.

We are following you too. :)

PS Anyone else having issues with the "Quote" feature? I sent a email to Matt since I am also unable to post links.

Looks like you'll be there first. We are going May 25-26 on Empress for an overnighter. I'll be looking forward to YOUR report !

I will definitely let you know.

I will be starting a new thread in the General Discussion area of Royal Caribbean, making a post of my Daily Adventures.

Kind of like a blog, but not a blog.

I guess the correct area for members to write their reviews, Would go in the Royal Caribbean discussion area, with a new thread. I will be including pictures as well.

Chris,

Only thing I got so far, was the PayPal confirmation that I had put down a $10 deposit, is that the confirmation letter that you were talking about? Or is Mr. Shancho's actually going to send me something?

Thank You for your help.

It's been a while since I've been to Sanchos so I am trying to remember if they send you a confirmation or not. I know Nachi does because I have that reserved for my Oasis cruise. I would say print what you received from PayPal and take that with if you don't receive anything else.

Last time I was in Cozumel, I simply took a shuttle down to Mr Sanchos. No reservations ahead of time Simply purchased lunch and drinks a la carte. If there are several ships in port, this is probably not the best way to do things, i.e. mr sanchos could have been sold out. But all of the beaches down that way are great, some do have entrance fees, unlike mr sanchos. Any way, had a wonderful time there, reasonable prices.

eric reeves

Now I am worried, because I haven't received a confirmation from Mr. Sancho's. guess I will email them.

I received an official confirmation from them by mail after paying via PayPal. One thing I liked s that they accept fret cards and charge the balance in USD, so there are no foreign transaction fees or exchange rate issues with your card provider. They're also very prompt at returning emails.

You will need cash to tip and for the cab, though.

I've always been advised, when I go to one of these places (Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom) to print out your receipt and take it with you...so I would make sure that you get your receipt, Kat.  I don't know what would happen if you didn't have a receipt to present to them (at Nachi Cocom in Feb. they didn't even look at the one I brought with me)...I guess it's just a safeguard.

I am a LITTLE bit more concerned about this trip in May b/c I was originally scheduled to be at Mr. Sancho's on April 13 but when the April 11 sailing of Empress was cancelled and I had to resked to May 23, I had to move that Sancho's reservation too.  I just got an email from they saying..."ah....don't worry about it....".  So I will make SURE I have my receipt with me this time !!

Can't wait !  Apprehensive about Empress but a cruise is a cruise, right ?  I'm sure it will be swell.

• 2 months later...

I forgot to respond to this upon our return from Coz. We did go to Nachi as planned and sadly, overall, we were very disappointed.

It is a beautiful property and we were greated with a smile and provided with a nice glass of champagne upon arriving. We were quickly taken to loungers that were located on the beach not too far from the new bar. There was an umbrella that was available as well. We were told that our server would be right with us. We waited about ten minutes and finally walked over to the bar and got our own drinks. We relaxed, enjoyed the ocean view and finished our drinks. Still no server. We returned to the bar and asked where our server was. We were once again assured he would be right over. It was at least 30 minutes before the server showed up. No, I am not kidding. When the sever did finally show up he had a terrible attitude and even rolled his eyes when he was asked to repeat something. We did order food and a couple drinks from him but the rest of the time we took our request, and tips, to the bar.

At one point during the visit we made our way over to the pool bar. I politely asked the bartender for the wi-fi code and he said he did not have it memorized! He pointed to a piece of paper on the other side of the bar and went back to making drinks without saying another word.

I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi but the signal was so weak I was unable to Periscope as I had planned.

The food was good, but the continued poor service left a bad taste in my mouth.

We are returning to Coz in Nov with a group of 11, but will be going back to Mr. Sanchos.

We are returning to Coz in Nov with a group of 11, but will be going back to Mr. Sanchos.

Hello Wilson

That sucks that you had poor Service. They should always provide excellent service, especially with a all inclusive resort.

We had a great time at Mr Sancho's!!!

The Service was Great at Mr Sancho's, but the Wifi there was Bad as well. I think I managed to scope for just a few mins.

Might be a area problem, not sure if others have had success with the Wifi in these locations.

I just put down a $10.00 deposit, for myself, and hubby, to go to Mr Sancho's, when we are in Cozumel Mexico.

I have never been to Mr. Sancho's before. I wanted to know, do I pay the balance when we get there?

Any one that has been there, Opinions, as a must try when we are there?

Highly recommend Mr. Sancho's.    We were treated like royalty....they went out of their way to make our day visit a treat.  The only thing I didn't like (which would be happen at any beach serving food) was the birds that were quite irritating.     Pay balance at the entrance....they have all the records right there for your convenience.  

It was a toss up between Mr Sancho's and Nachi. I've never seen a bad word about Mr Sancho's but I've actually seen some negative comments about the service at Nachi. I'm sure we'll love it.

This is my exact predicament. Go back to Mr. Sancho's which we enjoyed, or try something new. Nachi is at the top of the list, but El Cid, I think that's the name, is also appealing as it is walking distance from the ship.

... I've actually seen some negative comments about the service at Nachi. 

Wow, we went there this spring and the service was unbelievable!  Because of our experience Nachi and Maya Lost Kingdom in Costa Maya, we booked the same exact itinerary again for next year (see http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php/topic/1824-vision-of-the-seas-april-2-9-2016-the-cruise-that-made-me-fall-in-love-with-cruising-again/ ) albeit we'll be on Rhapsody rather than Vision.

• 1 month later...

We had a group of 9 go to Mr Sanchos this past January.  We had a wonderful time and our waiter Santo was great.  We never waited for more than 2-3 minutes for drinks and food only took 10-15 minutes after ordering.  If you like margaritas try the Mr sancho special.  I must've had at least 5 or 6, never mind the others i tried.

We booked through Shore Excursioneers online and saved $5.  Brought the printed confirmation with us and all went smooth.  You can also upgrade to a cabana location if they are not booked for $30 on site. We did this and it was great to have shade for the 2 kids(kids under 4 free by the way).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this thread and just had to give some props to Mr Sanchos.

We were there in February.  I really had no idea what to expect and went there basically based solely on reviews from this site.

Well, have to say it was probably the best time I've had any any ship excursion to date.  I just thought the whole setup was just fantastic.  

First off, it was super easy to get taxi service from the port and back to the port when we were ready to return.  We were worried about it but I never felt unsafe for even a second.  

Once we arrived at Sanchos, they checked us in and assigned us a server for the day (Sauri was his name).  And let me say, Sauri worked his tail off all day to take care of us.  He was super nice, and hustled.  Really though, I noticed all the wait staff really working hard to take care of everybody.

There were plenty of places to sit....Either by the ocean under palapas or in other areas.  

And the food was just excellent.  Loved how they had buffets set up but also personal service if you wanted it off the menu.  I highly recommend the coconut shrimp ?

Drinks were also great.

Really was exactly what we were looking for from an all inclusive beach excursion and the price is probably the best I've seen for such an excursion.

If I'm ever back at Cozumel on another cruise, I know exactly where I'm heading.

23 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Saw this thread and just had to give some props to Mr Sanchos.

We were there in February.  I really had no idea what to expect and went there basically based solely on reviews from this site.

Well, have to say it was probably the best time I've had any any ship excursion to date.  I just thought the whole setup was just fantastic.  

First off, it was super easy to get taxi service from the port and back to the port when we were ready to return.  We were worried about it but I never felt unsafe for even a second.  

Once we arrived at Sanchos, they checked us in and assigned us a server for the day (Sauri was his name).  And let me say, Sauri worked his tail off all day to take care of us.  He was super nice, and hustled.  Really though, I noticed all the wait staff really working hard to take care of everybody.

There were plenty of places to sit....Either by the ocean under palapas or in other areas.  

And the food was just excellent.  Loved how they had buffets set up but also personal service if you wanted it off the menu.  I highly recommend the coconut shrimp ?

Drinks were also great.

Really was exactly what we were looking for from an all inclusive beach excursion and the price is probably the best I've seen for such an excursion.

If I'm ever back at Cozumel on another cruise, I know exactly where I'm heading.

Agree 100%.  I think there are a couple other places in Cozumel that seem to be similar and just as good.  I happened on Mr. Sancho’s first so that’s my go to when in Cozumel. No need to look elsewhere for me.