A St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous

EaVae

hello! 

Has any one else booked the St. Maarten Beach Rendezvous? We are on Harmony of the Seas in a month ?, and would like to enjoy the beach that day. 

I've read a report that the beach was overgrown with seaweed and Dog poop, but im wondering if this review was just an isolated incident??

Any insight would be appreciated!

We did the Beach Rendezvous a couple of months ago and the beach was fine.  It was not dirty or overgrown and definitely did not see and dog feces.  It was a nice excursion and the bus ride was a good way to learn a bit more about the island as one of the tour operators gave us a a lot of detail about both sides of the island and its history.  But I will say that for the money I would likely do what we did on our first trip to St. Marteen and that is take the water taxi over and go that beach.  We paid less than half of what we did for the RCCL excursion and got a bucket of beer, water an soda, two chairs, an umbrella, free wifi and a lovely beach to relax on all day with the ship in sight. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

which beach is this that you refer to?

There's a beach right alongside the boardwalk where the water taxi will leave you off.  I'm not sure it actually has a name but you can walk either left or right down the boardwalk after exiting the water taxi and you will see all the beachfront restaurants selling chairs and umbrellas right there.  You can get in the water and it has great views of the ship.  I think the entire stretch is referred to as Great Bay Beach.

This Google Maps photo is from right where the water taxi drops you..can even see the water taxi there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.0228149,-63.0458328,3a,75y,2.19h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipOhlY6JRpVnrYkpTh-MdOvV7cK6XnqG1LQkzcdp!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOhlY6JRpVnrYkpTh-MdOvV7cK6XnqG1LQkzcdp%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya30.079283-ro-0-fo100!7i10240!8i5120

oh my, that water. I'm guessing once you get off the ship there are water taxis right there that you can just pay to hop on?  I'm just getting started in researching what to do in St Thomas and St Maarten. 

Thanks for the info!

Also learning I should research the itinerary before booking ?‍♀️

12 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

oh my, that water. I'm guessing once you get off the ship there are water taxis right there that you can just pay to hop on?  I'm just getting started in researching what to do in St Thomas and St Maarten. 

Thanks for the info!

Also learning I should research the itinerary before booking ?‍♀️

Yes..the water taxi is right there when you exit the cruise port.  It's $4 a ride or you can buy a $7 all day wristband I believe.  It's also really easy to walk to this same boardwalk area from the cruiseship if you don't mind walking.  It takes maybe 10 minutes to walk it. 

St. Maarten is a great island with tons of options.  The port area is in the Dutch side of the island and the city area is called Philipsburg.  One block away from the beach there's Front Street which parallels the boardwalk and that's where there are tons of shops and the Star Wars Museum.

Maho Beach is a popular destination and you will see them hawking rides out there when you exit the port.  That's the beach at the end of the airport runway, so you get to watch the planes land over the beach.  It's fun to see but can get crowded..I wouldn't visit there to enjoy the beach but more to experience a plane landing.

Then there's the option of going over to the French side and exploring there.  The little downtown area of Marigot has all sorts of shops.

• 4 weeks later...