Things to do in Miami...

We are arriving the day before our cruise in February on a Saturday, but not landing until 4:30.  We are staying at the Intercontinental near the port and have never been to Miami.  What is something fun to do or something we shouldn't miss?  Something that we could take an Uber/Lyft fairly inexpensive or even walk.  

Also, our return flight is at 3:30pm.  Anything worth doing that could get us back to the airport by 1:30 on the return day?

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Bayside Marketplace is a short walk from the Intercontinental (or close to the complimentary trolley). Not sure what's going on there in Feb (but I'll find out, since I'll also be there in Feb) - there was lots going on in early Dec (but they were all decked out for Christmas).

Thank you!  We are sailing on the Oasis on Feb 9th.  ? 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what you are looking to do in Miami but if you are looking for a little bit of fun/music on South Beach there is a really fun place: https://mangos.com/mangos-miami-beach/ 

On the return day - depending on what time you leave the ship - head over to Big Pink for breakfast. Great place. Super friendly. Lots of locals there. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34439-d494404-Reviews-Big_Pink-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

I went to grad school at U of Miami and remained there for my adult life until recently coming home to NJ. You will have so much to do while you are there, it depends on what you want like, how you want to dress, spend, etc. Bayside Market that has been discussed is like an outdoor mall by the bay. They may have some entertainment playing outside. There are restaurants right by you that you can walk to or take a cab. Public transportation is pretty good there, you can ask the front desk. Right by the McAuthor brings (mainland to South Beach) is the performing arts building, which is right by you. Depending on the date, you can catch the ballet, an opera, symphony, comedy, funky show. You can head down the block from you to Brickell for more restaurants, lounges, happy hour. A big suggestion would be South Beach and do trendy or boutique and unique shopping, beautiful scenery, cocktails, casual or fancy means, cool lounges, clubs, people watching, walking, galleries, symphony, more arts, farmers market, etc. I suggest to focus on Lincoln Rd in South Beach (I lived on the corner of Lincoln and on the Beach on Collins, across from the Ritz DiLido. That is a pedestrian “mall,” but def not a mall. It is more local and the prices, while high, will not be the out of control tourist prices of Ocean Dr. Be very wary of those Ocean Dr places and hidden fees. Lincoln has all the things I mentioned above, from the symphony to a club to outdoor casual dining to farmers and antique market (depending on the day) to Cuban coffee to dining that will not seat you unless dressed just right. You can look up on Groupon or Living Social for activities that may spark your interest. You can do parasailing, rent a boat, go fishing, those things that lift you into the air like a rocket pack (sorry, the name escapes me), the zoo (amazing), etc. No dearth of things to do in Miami/South Beach!!