Stateroom TV Options—Tween Help

Linda216

I know!  What a bad subject to ask about! But in my defense, I’m specifically curious about channels and such in our stateroom so if the kids are tired, my husband and I can go out.  They’re at that perfect age where we can leave them, but they’re not quite old enough to be out late doing teen things.  
We’ll likely bring our portable DVD player but hoping there might be some kid friend options on tv.
And please don’t hesitate if you have ideas for tweens so parents can relax on their own. It’s a hard age since they’re too old for kids rooms but not old enough to be completely independent.  Thx! 

My girls and 11 and 13 and I just asked them.  Here is their response:

"Royal has the following stations on their TVs:  Toddler Programming, Kids programming, and Teens programming.  So 3 channels.  Sometimes things also show up on RCTV2.  Although that is mainly ads but sometimes a show will show up like "Royal Crush".  Royal TV channels are boring compared to DCL." 

They also said, "There is especially nothing good for the 10-12 range."  

Hope that helps.

@Lovetocruise2002 I really appreciate your feedback on this! I know I followed your post before because our daughters are about the same age.  So if there’s not much on TV, obviously our portable DVD player (or our laptop with videos on it) is good to bring.
But do you have any other recommendations for what your girls like to do so you and your husband can have at least a drink together alone and feel they are safe? 

38 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

But do you have any other recommendations for what your girls like to do so you and your husband can have at least a drink together alone and feel they are safe? 

About a year ago, we started leaving them in the cabin at night.  They usually don't wander anywhere, they mainly stay in the cabin, hang out with each other, watch netflix or play games on their devices.

48 minutes ago, Eric Chao said:

Hi friends

Would our google chromecast work on the stateroom TV? So we can at least let our kids watch on big TV rather than on our phones?

Thanks in advance 

22 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

@Eric Chao yeah I was wondering about hooking up our laptop to the tv too.  

Trying to avoid internet package so we won’t be streaming shows.  Might have to kick it old school and bring discs. 

It depends.  We have found that some of our cabins we could and some we could not.  Really no way to tell until we go there.  Maybe @twangster can shed more light.  I'm not that techie.

I cut my little one loose in the Adventure ocean clubs early on. After divorce and new GF with two more she was skeptical  but very pleased . As they ventured into full teen years the nights out got later but it was clean wholesome fun. Gave them a feeling that we respected them enough to let them manage themselves and take on a little responsible behavior. 

We always allowed my tweens limited freedom in the evening.  We did get the internet package so they could text us where they would be....pool movie, arcade, etc.  They weren't allowed full freedom and needed to be back in the room by a certain time.  For us it worked out great and about half the time they'd be in our room anyways on their devices.