Cococay Weight Limits

Meganmichelle

1 hour ago, Meganmichelle said:

I’m wondering if cococay has scales to check weight limits on their slides. I am trying to see if it will be worth it to buy admission to the water park. My boyfriend is about 305 and I want to know if he would be able to go on the rides or if a scale will go off before he has a chance? 

I have not visited but if there is a weight limit i'm sure RCI will check.

7 hours ago, Meganmichelle said:

I know there are weight restrictions, I’m wondering if there’s a scale

For one of the water slides on one of the ship (I think it was on NAV, but not sure), they had a stand-on scale at the top of the slide.  It was a 2-person slide.  Both Dan and I had to stand on the scale.  It registers either “green” or “red”.  It does not produce a value....just “pass/fail”.  We failed. 

??

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ersteeve said:

Thank you... are they at each water slide?  And does it display your weight?

I only noticed the scales at the slides that used rafts (since we were doing 2people per raft they had to make sure we weren't over), but they could also be at the other slides.

There is definitely a green/red light. Though I vaguely remember being able to see a small screen with the weight from a certain angle. If I'm correct (and not just imagining the screen), it isn't visible to everyone in line - just the crew member and whoever is on the scale.

31 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

This right here is my current motivation to lose weight. I ended 2019 at about 330 pounds and visit CocoCay in June and have Waterpark passes. As of today I’m at 318 pounds. Shooting for 295 to account for pre CocoCay weight gain.  Wish me luck!!

Good luck on your weight loss! 

The last two times I was motivated to lose weight for a vacation was years ago, when we took the kids to Disney World. I wasn't going to pay all that money and not be able to comfortably fit on all the rides and in 2017 for our first RC cruise. Both times I dropped 50lbs in about 6mos.  You can do whatever you want when you are highly motivated! You can do it!

Happy cruising!