Dress for dinner??

sherdawgg

On 1/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, sherdawgg said:

Cruising January 10th on Mariner to Coco Cay.  I’ve heard ppl talk about theme nights or dressing up for dinner certain nights. How do I know what nights we are expected to dress up, if any? 

The Cruise Compass will indicate the recommended attire for dinner in the Main Dining Room as well as various dance parties.  The longer the cruise, the more events.  Haven't been on the Mariner, but on other ships there is a dress your best/formal night (or two), but you don't need to go overboard.  There will be a night for a tropical/Hawaiian shirt, and maybe a white night late at the pool deck.  Other threads discuss clothing in great detail, but as long as men have a collared shirt and long pants, men won't feel out of place anywhere regardless of the recommended attire.  I like to pack a sport coat or wear it on the ship, but other men don't.  My wife has clothes that are nice but doesn't wear fancy ball gowns.  Again, Cruise Compass from the link at the top of the page will get you started.  Have a great trip!

2 hours ago, Flacruiser99 said:

However try to be neat and not look like a slob.

Everyone's dress sense is different, i would never wear knee length socks with sandals or tuck a dress shirt into shorts, if i see someone dressed this way im not going to judge call them a slob or let it ruin my meal, each to their own we are all on vacation and i couldnt care what anyone wears 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Everyone's dress sense is different, i would never wear knee length socks with sandals or tuck a dress shirt into shorts, if i see someone dressed this way im not going to judge call them a slob or let it ruin my meal, each to their own we are all on vacation and i couldnt care what anyone wears 

Yes, improper dress is hard to define but I know it when I see it. BTW it doesn't ruin my meals.?