Sweetest Wine

Quilter620

22 minutes ago, SPS said:

The MDR has it's own list of wines at dinner. My wife likes sweet white wines and has either a Moscato or Reisling with dinner nearly every night (I'm not sure which)

That is fantastic! I didn't know they had a separate wine list for the MDR. Thank you for sharing. 

2 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

I will be sailing on the Explorer in March. Can anyone advise me on what would be the sweetest white wine? I normally drink moscato or a reisling, but do not see it on the menu. Thank you. 

Screenshot_20200103-105525_Drive.jpg

Ask for a Moscato.  That's what my wife drinks, because sometimes the White Zin is a little on the sour side. 

5 hours ago, Quilter620 said:

Unfortunately, we are flying in to the port,  so bringing wine isnt really an option. Thank you for the thought though.

If you are checking luggage, you can put your wine in your checked luggage.  Another option to to stop at a local liquor store before you board.  We have done both!  LOL 

2 hours ago, KathyC said:

If you are checking luggage, you can put your wine in your checked luggage.  Another option to to stop at a local liquor store before you board.  We have done both!  LOL 

I was afraid of the bottle breaking in my luggage, but that is an idea. Thank you. I'm glad to hear it has worked for others before.

1 hour ago, Quilter620 said:

I was afraid of the bottle breaking in my luggage, but that is an idea. Thank you. I'm glad to hear it has worked for others before.

I tape bubble wrap around it, then use that same bubble wrap to wrap up the alcohol I buy on the ship or in port for the trip home. 

10 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

That doesn't look like the Main Dining Room menu - looks more like one of the pool bar menus? I've never had trouble finding Riesling - it's all I drink for wine.

It is from the standard bar menu. I had never seen a copy of the MDR wine list. I was unaware that it existed. I'm happy to hear there or more choices.

I’d definitely find a way to bring those two bottles of wine on board. When we don’t have a car, I will either walk to a nearby store by the port or use a delivery service like Instacart to have it delivered. Nice to have in the room and two bottles often cost less than ordering two glasses on board!

12 hours ago, Quilter620 said:
15 hours ago, KathyC said:

I've also used these with success:

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-Bag-Mono-Protective-Absorbent/dp/B07CWWVM2C/ref=sr_1_16?crid=LJ6M604DBJ4J&keywords=wine+check+luggage+bag&qid=1578152872&sprefix=wine+bag+lu%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-16

It's basically a plastic zip bag with a big "diaper" inside.  There are some more expensive options out there that are also very good (Wine Wings comes to mind), but for the price, these can't be beat, and I love the inclusion of the absorbent material just in case the worst happens.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 10.54.01 AM.png

44 minutes ago, Quilter620 said:

It is from the standard bar menu. I had never seen a copy of the MDR wine list. I was unaware that it existed. I'm happy to hear there or more choices.

There are many bars with their own menus, so you may have no trouble finding what you like. The Schooner Bar has a different menu from Boleros, different from R Bar, different from the English pub, etc.