PreCruise non RCCL excursion/Let's Go Blues!

For my hockey friends, @RickinSTL,and Miami/Fort Lauderdale friends: We are headed to the Blues/Panthers game the night before embarkation in Miami. We are staying in Plantation, so we will be close to BB&T arena. Wondering if any of you would have advice as to the venue itself? Parking (we are renting a car while in Fort Lauderdale/Miami)? or Uber/Lyft/Taxi? Any other ideas or suggestions? Thank you and Let's Go BLUUUUEEEESSSSS!

I've been, but many years ago. Since you're only pre-cruise for a night, try to avoid the toll roads so they don't hit you with the daily fee once activating. The parking at BB and T is easy and quick. There are a few toll roads surrounding it but you can either find one that takes cash or just take the local roads.

2 minutes ago, RickinSTL said:

I've never been to that arena.. Sorry... Lets get back to our winning ways today in Vegas.. #LGB!!

When we cruise, we like to be able to add in a major league sporting event at one end of the vacation. As luck would have it, it was the Blues who were in town! Woot! I was able to get Blues score twice, behind the goal, on the glass tickets for the same price as section 130, say around DD at the Enterprise Center. Clearly, hockey is not as big in FL as in the midwest. I still wear my Ryan Reeves Blues sweater when we play the Knights. I saw a couple in the store couple of weeks ago. (We live about 100 miles from the Enterprise Center).She had on her Blues sweater and he had on his Knights. I asked them, looking at him, Ryan Reeves? And they both said, YES! That was the entire conversation. ? 'nuf said! #LGB!!

Am hoping that if we ever take a European cruise that we can get in some "football" while touring. Hoping for some MLS when we take our Alaska close jaw out of Vancouver in 2021.

1 minute ago, bigpete said:

I've been, but many years ago. Since you're only pre-cruise for a night, try to avoid the toll roads so they don't hit you with the daily fee once activating. The parking at BB and T is easy and quick. There are a few toll roads surrounding it but you can either find one that takes cash or just take the local roads.

We are staying around 7 miles from the BB&T. Husband and son are fishing the canals and Okeechobee for 2 days, so I suspect we will have already paid that daily fee. I'm guessing, though. Thinking we may turn in our rental after the final fishing trip and grab a taxi/uber to BB&T. I'm open for suggestions and thank you for your insight. I would not have realized there were toll roads.  

Awesome, combo of events for your pre-cruise!  And LET’S GO BLUES!

I haven’t been there for a game but have been in the area around there for work a number of times.  The traffic around and on the expressway can be really heavy at times and likely, after work/before game time it will be busier.  If you have the car and are free, being vacation and all, it might be a good idea to head over a little early and grab a bite to eat at the mall area or one of the places near Sunrise Blvd and Flamingo.  Otherwise I would just do Uber or something over there.

Have fun!