Lyft Fort Lauderdale

We used Lyft for the 1st time today. It wasn’t a pleasant experience. The driver Edony was supposed to be there in 15 minutes. After waiting 40 minutes he said he was there and he canceled. We were waiting at stand b as instructed. He never showed up. The 2nd driver came in 8 minutes and was fantastic. What can we do about 1st driver?

Sorry your first experience was bad. 

Dispute the "no show" charge if you paid one.

That driver is simply scamming people. Do a quick web search and you'll see a good explanation. 

Lyft requires a five minute wait before the driver can cancel and receive a now show fee.   When the driver cancels, you will receive notification on your phone. 

If you have been waiting longer than a couple minutes after getting notification that a driver arrived, call them.  if you genuinely can't see them (or direct them to you quickly), cancel and dispute.  you can watch the app to see where the vehicle is.  If it shows up in front of you but isn't there, call them, and if they aren’t forthcoming, cancel.  Lyft will usually refund the charge when you explain  

Lyft (and Uber) drivers are considered independent contractors, so there is no real disciplinary process other than account deactivation if they receive enough complaints or low ratings.  

20 minutes ago, 1978bucketlist said:

We called driver 5 times. The 1st time it went to voice mail while he was supposedly on his way. When it said he arrived called 4 more times and he hung up on hubby each time. We will try to contact Lyft support today. Thank you.

That sucks.  Again, I'm sorry your first experience was so crappy.

That driver needs to be deactivated.

I dislike Lyft/Uber in Florida in a busy area (such as the airport or cruise terminal) because you can't identify the vehicle from the front - no front plates in Florida.  I can tell what make a car is, but I don't know models well, and when there is a constant stream of them coming through it's just a nightmare.  

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I dislike Lyft/Uber in Florida in a busy area (such as the airport or cruise terminal) because you can't identify the vehicle from the front - no front plates in Florida.  I can tell what make a car is, but I don't know models well, and when there is a constant stream of them coming through it's just a nightmare.  

Agree.  Not all of us can recognize the make and model of a car from the front, and the license plate is important.  We have them in front and back here in NJ. 

Traveling the country there’s no worse place for Uber/Lyft than south Florida. Seems to be full of scammers, last trip we had one who never moved, one who claimed to stop but just drove through the express exit. When we showed the picture to another driver, he said that wasn’t even that guys name and the guy was just trying to scam new driver bonus money.