Crowds at Coco Cay

Coach9

5 minutes ago, Coach9 said:

Thank you.  
I will be there with Anthem and Mariner on Feb 11 and was wondering if it is really overcrowded when 2 ships are there.  

Would doubt that would be a big problem. The pool might be more crowded,and the water park, but there are soooo many loungers that you’ll have no problem finding a spot. 

I would also add that from what I have seen, they stagger the ships in.  For example, Anthem may dock at 9 a.m, and leave at 5,  while Mariner docks at 10 and leaves at 6.  That means both of you get some time as if you were the only ship there.

I would also add that by late afternoon @3:30 people start leaving in droves.  My guess has always been that anybody with an early traditional dinner time wants to get back to the ship to shower and change before dinner.  

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

Is there an easy way to find out how many ships will be visiting on a particular day?

I use cruisemapper.com although I am sure there are other ways. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392

Then find the Schedule tab and change the month to the date of your sailing. 

On 1/2/2020 at 4:54 PM, Coach9 said:

How crowded is Coco Cay when there is 2 ships there?

I'll be honest.  We went there last October for Halloween.  We had the two stops.  The first stop we did the water park and zipline, and it wasn't crowded at all.  Everyone is around doing their own thing, so the place remains easy to get through.  Mind you Summer months may be a bit different?  But Navigator and Mariner were both there.

We then came back with both ships being there.  We did a cabana, and again it wasn't crowded.  The pool area was a bit crowded I'll say that, but the wave pool wasn't.  There's always ocean swimming and snorkeling you can do.

Have a great trip.  This place was very memorable and we'll definitely be coming back to it!!