MTD reservations

Geoff P

Just curious how this works.  Our first RCL cruise we did MTD as well but didn't do reservations, just showed up on the nights we ate in the MDR.  This time I made reservations on the cruise planner for the days we plan on eating there.  I know there will be people there for the early/late seatings and then others with MTD lining up, how close to our reservation time should we really expect to get a table? 

Also, I keep getting emails to make my MTD reservations even though I did and they show up on my calendar, should I assume we're all set?

My Time Dining and Traditional Dining (early/late seatings) are not  held in the same spaces.  They are on different floors of the Main Dining Room so you will not have traditional and MTD folks mingling.  There really is no difference between reserved MTD and walk-up MTD except that with reservations you are generally seated more quickly.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the Cruise Planner (and therefore, RoyalCaribbeanMarketing) is not smart enough to know that you have already made MTD reservations...or purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package, or purchased Voom or made any excursion plans....so you will continue to get emails begging you to reserve and purchase, even though you already have.  It's most annoying, TBH.  They keep sending me emails telling me that this is my LAST CHANCE to purchase whatever....when I purchased those items MONTHS ago.

So yes...you are all set.  You don't need to worry about your reservations if you have already made them.

Enjoy !!

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

My Time Dining and Traditional Dining (early/late seatings) are not  held in the same spaces.  They are on different floors of the Main Dining Room so you will not have traditional and MTD folks mingling.  There really is no difference between reserved MTD and walk-up MTD except that with reservations you are generally seated more quickly.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the Cruise Planner (and therefore, RoyalCaribbeanMarketing) is not smart enough to know that you have already made MTD reservations...or purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package, or purchased Voom or made any excursion plans....so you will continue to get emails begging you to reserve and purchase, even though you already have.  It's most annoying, BTH.  They keep sending me emails telling me that this is my LAST CHANCE to purchase whatever....when I purchased those items MONTHS ago.

So yes...you are all set.  You don't need to worry about your reservations if you have already made them.

Enjoy !!

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, PRebecca said:

Our experience was being seated as soon as we got there at our reserved time, we didn't have to wait at all. Happy sailing!

I had the same experience as well.  I did MTD and made reservations and was seated right away.  We even had the same waitstaff and table even though our reservation varied slightly during each night of my cruise.  

5 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

I had the same experience as well.  I did MTD and made reservations and was seated right away.  We even had the same waitstaff and table even though our reservation varied slightly during each night of my cruise.  

Good to know, I just assumed it would be different each time, which still could be the case, but nice to know there's a possibility that we may have the same table/staff

3 hours ago, Geoff P said:

Good to know, I just assumed it would be different each time, which still could be the case, but nice to know there's a possibility that we may have the same table/staff

The way I've worked MTD is that I've made my reservations for the same time every night.  After the first night, if I've liked our wait staff, I visit the Maitre d' on the way out and request that same wait staff/table every night.  So far I'm 2 for 2 in success with this - I get the benefit of Traditional Dining (same wait staff) without having to do the TD times (which are typically just too early for us to eat).

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The way I've worked MTD is that I've made my reservations for the same time every night.  After the first night, if I've liked our wait staff, I visit the Maitre d' on the way out and request that same wait staff/table every night.  So far I'm 2 for 2 in success with this - I get the benefit of Traditional Dining (same wait staff) without having to do the TD times (which are typically just too early for us to eat).

We did similar last cruise and it worked for us as well. Have made 7:30 reservations for each night of our upcoming cruise with the same intention .