Grand Cayman and Cozumel

The countdown for my cruise in Feb has begun! I'm so excited! I do have a few questions though. 

Our first stop is in Grand Cayman and I think we are going to head to Eden's Rock to sign up for some snorkeling. Does anyone happen to know how far from the port it is? Is it within walking distance? Is there a spot for us to lay out in the sun for a bit after we are done snorkeling? 

Next is Cozumel. We won't be doing any excursions, just some exploring and grabbing a bite to eat. I think we want to go downtown to explore.  Is that the best area to check out? Is it safe? When we hop in a taxi, do we just ask the driver to "take us downtown" or should we have a specific location? Does anyone have any suggestions on places to eat in that area? All tips and tricks are welcomed! ?

29 minutes ago, Alibou3193 said:

The countdown for my cruise in Feb has begun! I'm so excited! I do have a few questions though. 

Our first stop is in Grand Cayman and I think we are going to head to Eden's Rock to sign up for some snorkeling. Does anyone happen to know how far from the port it is? Is it within walking distance? Is there a spot for us to lay out in the sun for a bit after we are done snorkeling? 

Next is Cozumel. We won't be doing any excursions, just some exploring and grabbing a bite to eat. I think we want to go downtown to explore.  Is that the best area to check out? Is it safe? When we hop in a taxi, do we just ask the driver to "take us downtown" or should we have a specific location? Does anyone have any suggestions on places to eat in that area? All tips and tricks are welcomed! ?

In Cozumel the red & white taxis are legitimate, and they can just dump you downtown at the jewelry stores, just as you've stated.  It's easy to pick up a cab going back.  On return, they will drop you off at 5th Avenue next to port shopping.  You'll need your SeaPass to get back into port shopping. For us it was $8 to return so I gave the driver $10.   If you sign up to go with the shopping guide, your taxi trip into town will be free.  There is a little square a couple of blocks in from the main street, and numerous gift shops or cafes border the park.  Downtown, expect to haggle on all prices - don't accept the first quote.  Diamonds International marks everything up.  We paid $399 for earrings (after negotiating down from $700)  that were $299 online (from their store site).  As always, buyer beware.

There is a Cozumel Island Museum near downtown that is supposed to be good, but we haven't made it there yet.  It can be looked up online (map and directions).

Have a great trip!

PS.  You can also take a cab to local beaches, but we haven't done that yet.

2 hours ago, Alibou3193 said:

Go here for lunch.