Occidental Grand - Aruba

Melbae9

Has anyone been to the Occidental Grand in Aruba? I was curious how busy it gets (we will be there in October)? There is a group of 8 of us going and we are a little concerned about getting chairs, as some reviews have mentioned that as an issue. It looks like RCI Adventure and Island Princess are in port that (~5000 passengers). Since we are in port for so long (0800-2300) we were looking for somewhere to spend most of our day. Secondly, anyone have any recommendations on who to book thru? The hotel directly or shoreexcursioneer.com? Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone been to the Occidental Grand in Aruba? I was curious how busy it gets (we will be there in October)? There is a group of 8 of us going and we are a little concerned about getting chairs, as some reviews have mentioned that as an issue. It looks like RCI Adventure and Island Princess are in port that (~5000 passengers). Since we are in port for so long (0800-2300) we were looking for somewhere to spend most of our day. Secondly, anyone have any recommendations on who to book thru? The hotel directly or shoreexcursioneer.com? Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated![/size]

I'm seriously considering this resort for a trip next February. The TripAdvisor reviews are at both ends of the scale. How did you like it?