Chocolate Covered Strawberries

tdcackler

So, I have a "tradition" where I have a plate of chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room for my lovely wife. The problem is that the past two cruises we've been on my boys have demolished the plate before she could get a second one. My plan this time is to take her out for a glass of wine and some chocolate covered strawberries - assuming I can find them. Where might I look to find them for her to say thanks for putting up with me all the time? We'll be on the Liberty of the Seas...

On 12/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, tdcackler said:

So, I have a "tradition" where I have a plate of chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room for my lovely wife. The problem is that the past two cruises we've been on my boys have demolished the plate before she could get a second one. My plan this time is to take her out for a glass of wine and some chocolate covered strawberries - assuming I can find them. Where might I look to find them for her to say thanks for putting up with me all the time? We'll be on the Liberty of the Seas...

How are the chocolate covered strawberries that you get in the room on embarkation day?  I ordered them for my wife for our upcoming cruise as a little treat, just curious how they are?

On 12/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, tdcackler said:

My plan this time is to take her out for a glass of wine and some chocolate covered strawberries - assuming I can find them. Where might I look to find them for her to say thanks for putting up with me all the time? We'll be on the Liberty of the Seas...

If it's open on embarkation day (it may not be until after sail-away), check out the cupcake shop on deck 5. I would expect that's where chocolate covered strawberries will be most readily found.

4 hours ago, Geoff P said:

How are the chocolate covered strawberries that you get in the room on embarkation day?  I ordered them for my wife for our upcoming cruise as a little treat, just curious how they are?

I got them for my wife and I on Anthem last year. If they're at all similar to what Liberty has, they will be fantastic! They dip them in dark chocolate with a white chocolate drizzle, and the strawberries themselves were uniformly large, sweet, and just the right level of ripeness. They keep, too -- we saved about half of them in the cabin fridge and didn't finish them off until the third or fourth day of the cruise.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, tdcackler said:

Easy solution...don't let your boys demolish them.....:35_thinking:

other than that..I have no idea where you would get them on that first chaotic day.

3 minutes ago, MJC7018 said:

As an aside to this conversation, I am thinking of adding the Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Champagne for our cruise in March. Do you have to order 2, or is 1 sufficient for my wife and I?

If the combination package still has 9 strawberries then I would say definitely. Each strawberry is huge (like the size of a ping-pong ball or a little bigger), and the chocolate coating is quite thick so that it doesn't crack and fall off when it's all put in cold storage before delivery. Both my wife and I thought 3 each was enough and saved the rest for later.