Passport scan in app checkin

Baked Alaska

I just went thru this 2 days ago on an Android and did it the way the words on the screen were oriented in relation to reading them- I am pretty sure it was portrait,  and I only figured it out by whatever the screen looked like. Sorry that may not be much help but I was able to re-do it a couple times if that's any consolation!

4 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

It says no sunglasses in the actual picture taking. I had my regular glasses on. Will this work or should I remove those, as well?

I have a good studio quality picture I've used on my first five sailings on Royal, no problem  On my sixth on the Empress, an elderly lady agent told me she had to take my picture at the port because I had glasses (regular) on the picture I submitted at online check-in.  A "bad" picture of me, hat hair and all, showed up every time my SeaPass card was scanned. LOL

The key to scanning the passport into the app is to focus your camera on the "string of gobbledygook digits" along the edge. That is what it is scanning. The first couple of times i was going crazy trying to figure out how get to the picture and all the other information in a readable "picture" and then finally realized all it cared about what was the gobbledygook part.