Just saying hi!

KWong

I've done a few posts already, but figured I'd formally introduce myself.

I'm Kevin, and I also go by "starvenger" or "starvenger88" on other boards. I am a Hong Kong Canadian currently living in the Toronto area with my wife and 2 girls, and we love to travel! Not just cruises, but resorts and various places across North America and Europe. 

Hopefully I can provide some entertaining and informative posts for you.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, KWong said:

It's actually from an anime from the late 70's/early 80's. It was called Getter Robo G in Japan but adapted over here as Starvengers. 

I started using the handle on Usenet, if you can believe it. 

Interesting. I thought I saw most / all of the adapted anime from that time period when I was growing up, but I clearly missed one. ? The big ones from the 70s/early 80s for me as a kid were Battle of the Planets (originally Gatchaman), Star Blazers (orig Space Battleship Yamato), Robotech Macross Saga, and Speed Racer.

I was only active on Usenet for a couple of years in college as I recall, and then only for a few of the alt.rec forums around RPG groups and such. By the time I was using the internet regularly, Usenet was kind of on the way out and AOL was fast becoming the place to go. ?

On 1/3/2020 at 12:15 PM, JLMoran said:

Interesting. I thought I saw most / all of the adapted anime from that time period when I was growing up, but I clearly missed one. ? The big ones from the 70s/early 80s for me as a kid were Battle of the Planets (originally Gatchaman), Star Blazers (orig Space Battleship Yamato), Robotech Macross Saga, and Speed Racer.

I was only active on Usenet for a couple of years in college as I recall, and then only for a few of the alt.rec forums around RPG groups and such. By the time I was using the internet regularly, Usenet was kind of on the way out and AOL was fast becoming the place to go. ?

Definitely Battle of the Planets and Robotech for me, although as a kid I was confused when Rick and Minmei disappeared and they switched to the Masters and New Generation episodes.

Was also a big fan of Transformers. Probably makes sense, right?

• 1 month later...