Allure - balcony room

SpeedNoodles

Mr. Speednoodles has co-authorized another sailing (woohoo!)  We're looking at giving Allure a try out of Galveston.  After watching the videos I'm a bit concerned about the configuration of the balcony cabins.  Riddle me this:  is the closet as much of a PITA to get into as they look in the videos? They look as though you can only access about half of it, and the rest is just so far back that you shove your hand back there and hope it comes back to you with what you meant to grab.  I'm *almost* considering a Jr Suite due to this, but it's an extra $1400.  I know thousands of people endure this set up each day, but …. (#spoiledbyOvation)

1 minute ago, KathyC said:

I haven't been on Allure, but I did just have a balcony on Oasis and I think I get what you are referring to.  There was enough of room between the bed & the closet to access the whole thing.

No, I don't mean that - I mean the door doesn't open very far and half of the open space is behind the door.

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yep, sliders, that only allow access to half of the closet (at least on every video I've watched so far). Anything hanging is behind the sliding door even once it's slid over (even on your video).  But apparently if you didn't even notice that feature it must not be that bad ?

Honestly - it wasn't an issue.  We didn't really need to be in both sides at the same time.

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yep, sliders, that only allow access to half of the closet (at least on every video I've watched so far). Anything hanging is behind the sliding door even once it's slid over (even on your video).  But apparently if you didn't even notice that feature it must not be that bad ?

I feel like I must be missing something in the description.  Wouldn't you just slide the doors to the other side to access the hanging stuff?  Yeah you can only access one side at a time but that's kind of standard for sliding doors, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I feel like I must be missing something in the description.  Wouldn't you just slide the doors to the other side to access the hanging stuff?  Yeah you can only access one side at a time but that's kind of standard for sliding doors, isn't it?

I guess so. All of the videos showed only one side sliding, so it never occurred to me that both sides slid. (Throwing my stupidity on the mercy of the court - the week between Christmas and New Years in a 911 dispatch center, being held over for 15 hour shifts due to massive ice storms has made my brain absolutely useless. I ve had a total of 16 hours of sleep since Friday. I thought thinking about booking a cruise would help - instead it just made me look like an idiot).

Just did 3 weeks in an Oasis balcony.  The sliding doors work okay.  I prefer a Quantum class balcony cabin but I was never frustrated with my Oasis balcony.  

Sometimes if looking for a specific shirt I would not see it on one side of the closet so I’d slide the doors and there it was on the other side.  

A couple might split the closet so one person’s things are on the left, the other on the right so it would be more intuitive which side to slide.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Just did 3 weeks in an Oasis balcony.  The sliding doors work okay.  I prefer a Quantum class balcony cabin but I was never frustrated with my Oasis balcony.  

Sometimes if looking for a specific shirt I would not see it on one side of the closet so I’d slide the doors and there it was on the other side.  

A couple might split the closet so one person’s things are on the left, the other on the right so it would be more intuitive which side to slide.  

Thanks @twangster  . My problem is clearly lack of effective cerebral functioning.  I may need a few days off.

We sailed on Allure last August and had a balcony room. We really had no issues with accessing half the closet at a time--we needed the safe side of the closet much more than the hanging clothes side. And to be honest, just the bit of extra space in the room was the draw for a balcony, not the closet space.

2 minutes ago, sabarwolf said:

We sailed on Allure last August and had a balcony room. We really had no issues with accessing half the closet at a time--we needed the safe side of the closet much more than the hanging clothes side. And to be honest, just the bit of extra space in the room was the draw for a balcony, not the closet space.

Thanks.  (Can this post please die now? I'm utterly humiliated, lol).