Menus, Please

Mikey J

While I am beyond grateful for the cruise compass(es?) being kept up, can we please start updating the food menus?  Most of the menus here are from 17 or 18!

If they are on another site, please point me there.  I still have ultimate loyalty to this blog but want some updates from the galley!  

Thanks, sail on!  

19 minutes ago, Spang1974 said:

Does anyone know when they become available to look at on the app? Is it before your sailing, or the day of sailing?

You can see other sailings on the app and check the menus there.  I have done it a few times while "stalking" sailings seeing what they are offering their passengers. 

On 12/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You can usually view your sailing on the app at around 90 days prior to sail date. 

We sailed on the Independence of the Seas Dec 2019. The menu on the app was updated about a week prior to sailing. The updated menu is the one we were served. So don't get your heart set on what you are eating each night months before you sail! Of course, I like most MDR food anyways, and not shy about ordering multiple dishes!

On 1/4/2020 at 12:34 AM, Travldworld said:

We sailed on the Independence of the Seas Dec 2019. The menu on the app was updated about a week prior to sailing. The updated menu is the one we were served. So don't get your heart set on what you are eating each night months before you sail! Of course, I like most MDR food anyways, and not shy about ordering multiple dishes!

Great point!  I have been thinking about a 3 night dining package for one of our sailings.  But, when I look at the offerings of the main dining room on the app I see dishes I do not want to miss out on.  I am going to have to write down what nights I am willing to miss out on with the package the week before sailing.  

Also, I am just wondering about the menus as well.  Are they left up to the head chef of each ship?  Or does Royal tell them the direction then need to be going with the food?   I have been watching the show Mighty Cruise Ships and I am finding it fascinating how the ships operate.  Especially the dining service.

17 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Great point!  I have been thinking about a 3 night dining package for one of our sailings.  But, when I look at the offerings of the main dining room on the app I see dishes I do not want to miss out on.  I am going to have to write down what nights I am willing to miss out on with the package the week before sailing.  

Also, I am just wondering about the menus as well.  Are they left up to the head chef of each ship?  Or does Royal tell them the direction then need to be going with the food?   I have been watching the show Mighty Cruise Ships and I am finding it fascinating how the ships operate.  Especially the dining service.

I am not sure who designs the menus, but I have had very similar dishes on multiple RC ships, perhaps with a different garnish here or sauce there.

These menus are posted for the entire cruise if you are trying to plan for each night.

Don't forget you can order multiple starters/appetizers, entrees and desserts! Or order a smaller portion of something in addition to something else! It doesn't mean you have to eat ALL of it, or you can, but it does allow you to try things you may not have ever tried in a restaurant before.

Enjoy!