Caribe Royale - Orlando

Lynne S

As this will be our first cruise out of Port Canaveral on Harmony on 2/2/20 & 2/9/20, (also our first B2B), we are using the Air2Sea package from Royal (as we always do), and we are booked at Caribe Royale in Orlando for the pre-night stay.  Has anyone ever stayed there?  Curious how the accomodations are as we usually depart from Port Everglades and stay at Embassy Suites.  In checking their website and google maps, it does not appear to have any restaurants within walking distance so I think we will be stuck with eating at the hotel, which looks a little on the expensive side.

Since I live in the area, unfortunately I don’t have a lot of direct experience there.  A friend from overseas stays there for work conferences each year.  He has been at a few other hotels around town and is happy with this one.  So the accommodations seem fine.  

As for dining, I have been over there to visit and have drinks but not to the restaurants.  He does occasional meals there and is relatively happy with those.  

If you don’t mind a short trip out, there are a ton of dining choices about 2 miles  north of the property.  The property is an easy cab or Uber to Disney Springs and there are  two other cluster of restaurants right along 535 at I-4.  If you don’t want to go off property, a number of those probably offer some sort of delivery or Doordash/UberEats. 

I will be curious to see what you think. This property comes up often for a great deal on Hotwire, but based on the layout and location I have been wary to book it as it seems kinda remote without a vehicle.  We will be spending 3 days in Orlando before our cruise in April, so looking at options.

Be interested to hear how your experience is if you stay here....regarding food options as well as how remote or cut off it is from restaurants, bars, shopping etc within walking distance.

You are actually located in a good area however its a bit of a drive from there to port Canaveral.

Caribe Royale is actually located on the principal road that takes you to Walt Disney World and Disney Springs, its also close to international drive with a ton of shops and dining options, dining within walking distance I definitely do not recommend if you look at google maps in the area you will find a few options in the area everything from buffets to casual dining options. iDrive is your best bet.

You have Walmart super center, Publix Shopping, and a lot of convenience stores, its usually a congested area so keep that in mind.

I have not stayed there but it is a huge resort for the area you definitely won't miss it.

Thank you all for the advice.  I will post upon return from the cruise as our stay went.  We do not do the internet packages onboard as we disconnect totally from all electronics while cruising.  It's really quite nice.  Too much electronics day to day.   With the air2sea package from Royal, all transfers are included from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to airport.  We also do the luggage valet so we do not have to worry about our luggage until we arrive at our home airport. Well worth the minimal fee that Royal charges for this terrific service.  I am hoping that we will be able to get to either Publix or Walmart to purchase our 2 bottles of wine to take onboard.  I do not want to chance purchasing them at home and packing them in our checked luggage.